ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running In F4R

So....whats the best procedure for running in a freshly built F4R? Im talking fresh hone, new rings, new shells, etc.

I know engines are different, as some that I've known of have been given varying revs for the first 30 mins, then relatively easy driving for the first few hundred miles and sometimes giving it a fair amount of load. Others have just been ran for 20-30 mins then given hell from there onwards. What is the recommended way for an F4R?

The main problem I have is..... the car is no longer on the road, its SORN and never being taxed/insured again. First day on track is in 5 weeks, so I cant exactly build it and drive it round for a few hundred miles to run it in....

Anyone have any suggestions?

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
I'm sure someone will be along to say otherwise, but i would personally leave it running for 30 minutes to properly warm up and then go give it some stick (within the garage if needs be).

Lionel Richie
needs load, leaving it running static is probably the worst thing you can do, as is reving it static

dont run it on fully syn straight away, any old s**tty mineral oil, load it for a few hours, drain oil and change to the good stuff