ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running ITB's with Std Cat

Focus RS Mk1
Morning all.

Will be picking up my Jenvey Bodies this weekend. Fitting in April while im on holiday. Just curious as to how the car will be with the Standard Cat on.

ive always been adament that i keep the car road legal in every way. The Cat is a restriction power wise and i was wondering how it the copes with it fitted while on ITB's. Will it sap away the power?

Ideally i'd like to get rid of it but come MOT time i dont want to be messing about. I know its an easy job to do but thats not the point.

Anyone run with Std cat and bodies?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Tbh with the noise of the ITB i can not understand why you want to keep the CAT, the car is going to be loud anyhow. A CAT will restrict the power ofc. Idd be more worried about the cold start ect of running a ITB'd car everyday.

Focus RS Mk1
Sports cat, good idea, slipped my mind actually. Expensive though!

182 mani + cat = even more expensive and much more work involved.

What does the noise of the ITB's got to do with keeping the cat? dont mind it being noisey...car is already noisy so itb's wont bother me...this thread isnt about exhaust noises for chavvy cars, its about how the car be perform with the std cat...

Cold start and running will be spot on if not better than standard on ITB's

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Sports cat, good idea, slipped my mind actually. Expensive though!

182 mani + cat = even more expensive and much more work involved.

What does the noise of the ITB's got to do with keeping the cat? dont mind it being noisey...car is already noisy so itb's wont bother me...this thread isnt about exhaust noises for chavvy cars, its about how the car be perform with the std cat...

Cold start and running will be spot on if not better than standard on ITB's

well if your spending thousands on a performance mod, surely you want the best power/torque possible? therefore no cat.

carl

Mk2 172
The standard 182 cat is a sports cat anyway and removing it doesnt make a big difference at all. I know this as ive got bodies and have ran the car with and without. Just leave it on if u dont want the stress with MOTS. I took mine off cos it had a huge crack in it.

rps13
try and get a custon 200 cell cat welded in place of your 172 cat,

either find a 182 one on the cheap (scrappy) and then get an exhaust shop to weld it on , or just buy the core from an exhaust shop.

worth noting however that my car still fails MOT's with a janspeed 200 cell sports cat on!