ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running with no backboxes (very short term solution)

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Quick question:

My rear backboxes on the RS192 are hanging so low that they are nearly touching the floor. Fixing them is not an option as one of the backboxes has a huge hole in it where the hanger attaches to it. I have bought a new system which has not yet turned up but will be fitted next weekend. My question is, would it be safe to drive around with no backboxes attached (so just the middle pipe)? I realise it will sound horrific but I need to drive it 3 miles to work every day this week until the new exhaust is fitted.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It will work, but bring ear defenders and prepare to be pulled over.

It will be like this. (but a million times louder)

Last edited by a moderator:

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
It's pretty loud at the moment with the huge hole in it. I'm just worried it will come off while I'm driving and hit someones car haha. I just can't wait to get the new system on and it sound normal again.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
In the end I took one backbox off and left one on. It looks stupid and is still really loud but nevermind, it's a short journey to work and I hoping the new one turns up asap!

I did this with my 172 system when it rotted through and fell off years ago. It was pretty anti-social for a few days and I set a couple of car alarms off driving past. Stuck it in the boot in the meanwhile in case I was pulled.