ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

runs crap when hot??

clio 1.8 16v
hi,my clio 1.8 16v stars first time when its cold and drives fine! but as she warms up she starts to judder(ocasionally) as if shes running out of fuel,eventually it will cut out and then takes ages to start back up,it also got a bit af black soot around the tail pipe(unburnt fuel),does any one know what the problem is please? thanx

Drop Brun a message he had the same issue form memory I think it turned out to be the lambeda which I'd suspect anway.

Skoda Fabia vRS
aha, from the pm you sent me i got a different idea of your problem, if the following happens then its your lambda:

start the car, cold start, probably idles fine for about 1 minute then it may start to splutter, if you drive off at this point the car will hold back and kangaroo a bit, misfiring, sometimes if your not quick with the pedals it can cut out on you aswell

has the lambda ever been changed, they dont last forever, your supposed to change them approx every 60k IIRC