ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ's next Ph1 - 172 Exclusive

53 Clio's & counting
Past another 1000 miles this week

2012-09-04081210.jpg

Also had to drop some brake pads over to my mate Paul from Circuit Motors today, so while we were chatting we put the Exclusive on the dyno to see what it is kicking out.

for a comparason, Here is the graph from my old black 172, when it had a cat back exhaust system, matched inlets and panel filter

DSC01714.jpg

And here is what my new one made, with cat back exhaust, decat, and RS tuner map

2012-09-06193044.jpg

2012-09-06193050.jpg

ignoring the power output, my new one (With my £130 engine lol) seems to out perform my old engine throughout the rev range quite comfortably, so maybe this engine is better than I thought lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You didn't bring my bolt to Combe :(

Think I need a pas pipe as well now though, wasn't oil my car spat out at Combe today, it was pas fluid!

53 Clio's & counting
FFS! Sorry mate I completely forgot! I take it you guys got home ok?

LOL! Really?! I can scrape it off my windscreen for you, let me know which one and il take it off my spare one for you, and I can stick that bolt in the post to you if it helps

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
FFS! Sorry mate I completely forgot! I take it you guys got home ok?

LOL! Really?! I can scrape it off my windscreen for you, let me know which one and il take it off my spare one for you, and I can stick that bolt in the post to you if it helps

Legend mate thanks, I'll be passing near you on thursday evening probably so might be able to collect.

Dont know which it is yet, I just stopped going out on track and drove it home.
Les's car had to be recovered cause of that bloody throttle body, really not sure if we just got very unlucky with the secondhand ones (its killed a total of 3 now) or if there is some underlying problem, if there is I am struggling to think what it can be, loom is only thing that comes to mind but I cant find anything wrong with it so far, and I just dont see how it could actually kill them even if there was a loom fault.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Coombe wrecked my power steering too!

My mk1 always used to like to breathe from its PAS a lot round there, this time though it looks like a pipe has probably split (fluid out at back of the bay) but not had a chance to jack it up and look properly yet, will have to do that tomorrow.

53 Clio's & counting
Legend mate thanks, I'll be passing near you on thursday evening probably so might be able to collect.

Dont know which it is yet, I just stopped going out on track and drove it home.
Les's car had to be recovered cause of that bloody throttle body, really not sure if we just got very unlucky with the secondhand ones (its killed a total of 3 now) or if there is some underlying problem, if there is I am struggling to think what it can be, loom is only thing that comes to mind but I cant find anything wrong with it so far, and I just dont see how it could actually kill them even if there was a loom fault.

imo i think it has got to be the tb - as you said i cant see it being the loom.

Had some good fun out on track today, held up by people who clearly do not know the very basic rules of a track day :rolleyes:

Clio went well mind, pretty grippy bearing in mind i'm on road tyres, and the suspension setup that is a complete pig on the road is fantastic on track - Bring on llandow!

HBT 172 Cup
My mk1 always used to like to breathe from its PAS a lot round there, this time though it looks like a pipe has probably split (fluid out at back of the bay) but not had a chance to jack it up and look properly yet, will have to do that tomorrow.

Mine produced a large pool of fluid right under the gearbox end cap, had to change out the high pressure pipe. I was annoyed because when i removed the "broken" pipe is was still in one piece, must have been a hair line crack. The next day i was exmaining it further and it literally broke in half right where the pipe tab bolts to the gearbox.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mine appears to be coming from the cambelt end somewhere, not even had chance to jack it up and look yet though.

Russ, yours looked to be going well today, although sadly the only session I was out with you was when I was in the turbo, so obviously not really a chance to have a play!

53 Clio's & counting
Thanks mate, I was taking it a little easy, this being the first time out on track, but it felt great, I just wish I didn't get help up so much, and also that yours had held out a little longer!