ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ's next Ph1 - 172 Exclusive

53 Clio's & counting
I thought I would sit down last night and run through what the car owes me - I am determined not to waste money, and so far it's going pretty well:

The car as it stands including buying the car itself and fitting:

2nd hand engine
New Valeo clutch
Genuine cambelt and aux belt kits, cam caps
Genuine new dephaser
2 oil changes and 2 coolant changes
Genuine coolant bottle
OZ F1 cups in red
Safety Devises rear roll cage

The total it owes me currently stands at £1,868 - not too bad for the specification I think, if I was to build it from scratch it would have cost probably twice that. Plus I still have my OZ Supertourismos to sell off it, which will take that back down to about £1500 :)

On a seperate note, going over to confirm today, but 99% sure I will be breaking my other exclusive :( I don't want to, but the work needed to get it back up to scratch and working will mean I would be lucky to break even if when I came to sell it

53 Clio's & counting
Ooh just made a purchase, another thing that isn't a known modification - pics to come when package arrives :)

plus wish me luck, MOT on Saturday

53 Clio's & counting
Small update, MOT passed :)

Oh, and hai:

2012-08-25175555.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Yup, so cheap to buy, fitting isn't a problem, and mine needs a map anyway, so should be a good cheap upgrade.

Will be interesting to see what gains

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Just wondered. Heard they r a good cheap upgrade compared to catcams etc. look forward to seeing the gains.

53 Clio's & counting
They are a good upgrade only on price really mate, I doubt they will give an increase as well as the cats, but on the flip side as fitting isn't a problem, they should be in and mapped for under £350 - which should be a good gain bhp/£ as most cams are £500+ new and at very least £200 second hand :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Can I have a single 13mm bolt from the slam panel in exclusive green please mate if you are breaking one now.

53 Clio's & counting
And I'll have a bonnet when you're ready you big gay bear

Hows the little man doing? Cams not in yet?

Don't worry mate haven't forgot, just been super busy with a ton of stuff at home and looking after little man - thanks for asking mate, he is on the mend, but the cold/flu he has means as soon as he lays down he gets all choked up with fhlem/runny nose and ends up chocking :( so still sat up most of the night with him, like a walking Zombie atm

He's not brought it down to me yet for them to be fitted lol

Thought you might be involved ;)

If it wasn't clear I wasn't calling you his little man LOL x

Dan's always involved, the dirty slut ***** he is x

Im sure we will have them fitted in a few weeks, we did the engine/cambelt/clutch change in 7.5 hours, so im sure cams will be half that :D

Subscribed.. Will be good to see how much difference this makes. Good work mate..

Cheers mate, any gain will be good, that reminds me, need to get some ARP's - anyone know the cheapest place to get them?

53 Clio's & counting
Flol! Nutters, the lot of ya

When the cams going in Russ ? I'm wanting to do this over the winter with my ph1 !

I would like them in by Llandow mate, but to be honest I very much doubt il have the time to get everything done, bear in mind in needs a set of ARP's, plus the cams fitted, I still need to match my spare inlets, move my battery to the boot and get it mapped.

Bear in mind I work full time and have my own business, 1 2 1/2 year old who starts pre-school this week (She is growing up too fast! :( ) and the other 3 weeks old, I think a target of by sometime next month would be more realistic :)

53 Clio's & counting
just text you now you tart x

Still haven't done the thermostat, temp switch - hell it's still on the old plugs that came in the engine iirc lol

53 Clio's & counting
Everything we discussed and went through, iv done nowt lol :D

I want to chuck a new lambda in it really too, just need to find somewhere that sells them at a reasonable price