ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ's next Ph1 - 172 Exclusive

53 Clio's & counting
Lol not your fault dude (Was just about to PM you actually) it's one of those things - you gave me a fantastic price and im very happy :)

Il show you what the engines like at Llandow in Sept :D

LY Megane R26 230
Lol not your fault dude (Was just about to PM you actually) it's one of those things - you gave me a fantastic price and im very happy :)

Il show you what the engines like at Llandow in Sept :D

Ah cool,glad you were happy with it mate

I've just bought a track toy so hopefully i can keep up with you ;)

53 Clio's & counting
To order an omp subffame or make my own.......

Got a new set of wheels sorted, fingers crossed they will arrive next week, then the 16's will be for sale :)

53 Clio's & counting
Pretty soon mate, the seat is in a terrible position for me at the mo :( Dads got a mate who is a fabricator so I was going to ask him to sort some for me but looks like it will take a good few weeks :(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Looks good mate! Great progress on the engine turn-around!

I love mine, cannot stop spending money on it, the £800 shed is now starting to look more like 2k lol...

53 Clio's & counting
Cheers dude, il be desperately trying not to blow a load of cash - so far with the cost of the new engine, cambelt etc etc the car owes me circa £1050 at the moment, but it's time to start selling some stuff off like the polished inlets to get some money back in :)

53 Clio's & counting
Iv borrowed Doms OMP subframe (Cheers mate!) so il measure up where is needs rasing on one side, and il see how many he can knock up - maybe if I say I want 4 or 5 pairs he might get them done quicker lol

53 Clio's & counting
Had a good day today, got round to Dans workshop early, and fitted my new dephaser, oil and filter change, coolant change and general check over.

Iv put about 150 miles on the engine, and all is well so far, apart from the dephaser rattling it's arse off, so very glad to have that now sorted, and while we were at it, we whipped the drivers seat out, took apart the old home made subframe, and cut it about to make it mount the seat a good 6 inches further back - much nicer for me to drive now :D

I fitted a new coolant bottle too, and the shiney Bailey one will be for sale soon.

So all in all a very productive day, big thanks to Dan :) Though I have noticed it still has a slight stutter - very odd as it doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, and first port of call will be a new lambda - if it doesn't solve the problem, then it's definately not going to hurt having a new one.

I have also noticed the water temperature seems to sit a little lower than id expect, so il throw in a new thermostat and CTS next week.

Soooo, next step after that is to pick up my cage....... ;)

53 Clio's & counting
Done a good few hundred miles in now, and still all is good :) The odd stutter is still there, but hoping a new lambda will solve it, but all in all really chuffed :)

Though im not sure on performance, it's nippy, but I feel it should be quicker with the weight thats come out - maybe it's just me, what do you guys think?

This was before we changed the dephaser, and it feels better now mind, il have to do another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
  53 Clio's & counting
Whats the 0-100 time?
I'd hope for around a 15 if its a decent engine and a stripped out car.

thats what I was thinking Chip, it feels better now than in the vid but im not 100% - I think it may be an average engine rather than a 'quickie' - il do another video as I have not done any timing on it yet, bar this quick vid

Not too shy mate, is it still pulling aircon? can't remember

Yeah Mike, still has air con, it has a decat (which I think has lost low down pull, will be getting the cat back on asap), and an RS tuner map.

Il wait until the 15's turn up, then il do another video, see if it's any better.

As said, it may just be me lol

53 Clio's & counting
Yey back on 15's :D

2012-07-27174705.jpg

2012-07-27174713.jpg

2012-07-27174718.jpg

2012-07-27174855.jpg

2012-07-27174901.jpg

2012-07-27174939.jpg

2012-07-27174949.jpg

2012-07-27175048.jpg

2012-07-27175055.jpg

2012-07-27182001.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Cheers dude, I think it does it a weird way, I wasn't expecting it to lol

Here are a few with the car cleaner :eek:

2012-07-28122937.jpg

2012-07-28122952.jpg

2012-07-28123014.jpg

2012-07-28122945.jpg

2012-07-28130208.jpg

2012-07-28130256.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
She is dude, I found this out yesterday driving out of the brake tester at work, when it dropped into the brake tester and it sat the body of the floor :eek:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
That car has a 172 cup engine in.

Seems ok, although my cup with air con semi-stripped was quicker than that.

Also FYI I got a 4bhp gain from my de-cat on my cup which was verified at RS tuning, obviously losing some torque on the bottom end but was made up with peak figures at the top, as this is I'm assuming going to be a trackday car, it will spend most of its life at the top end of the rev range

53 Clio's & counting
Lol!

What suspension is(nt) it?

Gaz coilovers, you have seen them ;)

That car has a 172 cup engine in.

Seems ok, although my cup with air con semi-stripped was quicker than that.

Also FYI I got a 4bhp gain from my de-cat on my cup which was verified at RS tuning, obviously losing some torque on the bottom end but was made up with peak figures at the top, as this is I'm assuming going to be a trackday car, it will spend most of its life at the top end of the rev range

How do you know it was a cup engine dude?

Yeah it was a little flat, will do a new video soon, as it feels a bit better now, still need to change cts, thermostat, lambda etc :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
lol, yeah mate :)

Will be getting the map checked out as well, and see what power it's making

If you want me to stick a wideband up it for you to check the map over just to make sure its not anything dangerous until you get it on the rollers then its not a problem.
You going to CSS? could bring some kit with me.

53 Clio's & counting
Wheels look good mate !:)

cheers mate, il pop up and show you at some point lol

If you want me to stick a wideband up it for you to check the map over just to make sure its not anything dangerous until you get it on the rollers then its not a problem.
You going to CSS? could bring some kit with me.

Thats very kind mate, but not to worry, im popping over to see Paul at Circuit Motors either this weekend or next - unfortunately Im not making CCS as Claire is due our 2nd child on Monday, so if I pissed off for a day 2 days before she is due id be strung up lol, gutted mind :(

But very much appreciate the offer, it's very kind of you x

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
These pregnant birds are just so unreasonable arent they? lol

Good luck mate, fingers crossed for the little blighters sake that it looks naff all like you!

172monaco*&*passat
not seen this about for awhile it used to be a freinds in sunderland before andywidss-1 got it was also imaculate once over..

53 Clio's & counting
The paintwork is still in very good condition, it does have a few small marks, but once I have cleaned it up I think it will be not too far off what it once was :)

I have covered about 600 miles so far, with no oil or water used, so fingers crossed a tight engine :)