ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RUST - what to use on it?

Golf GTI 1.8T
Well got a lil bit of rust on the bottom of my door and up the side of it too, where a previous owner must have ploughed it into a high curb or wall etc.

P1010092.gif

P1010095.gif

Step dad bought me these earlier but I'm not sure what to use. The kurust stops the rust and then can be painted over but I dont have any paint. and the rust remover does what it says on the packet and takes it back to bare metal. :S

P1010084.gif

anyone used either??

Bye Bye 182....
ive used the left hand one before. rub the rust down so that its smooth. paint that studd on. it will make the rust go a black/purple colour as it reacts with it and then you will have to paint over it. make sure you take enough paint off to get at all the rust spead or it will just come back.

Golf GTI 1.8T
cheers, I'm not sure about painting it though.

1: cause I havent got any
2: my doors are an off colour silver to the rest of the car anyway :(

Punto/Clio GTT
its gonna look s**t either way. either diy it and it will look crap or take it to a bodyshop n have it done properly. it needs grinding out, no pissing about with rust remover. you leave it and it'll soon get worse

Bye Bye 182....
even if you dont have any paint get some primer on it or it will sopead like a bi@ch. just use a touch up pen thats close to it. White Silver its got to look better than brown! LOL :S

Golf GTI 1.8T
Final_Maxim said:
if hes any good he'll blow the lot in instead of painting whole panels.

my paintwork is so s**t. I've had quotes and no one will spray just the door, they will doo the whole side at between £600-£800 which is obviously not worth it.