ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RyG's RB182.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Picking up my RB182 next Saturday. I was scribbling down a 'to-do' list, so thought I'd stick it in a thread so I can keep track.

Its a 2005 plate 182 with both Cup packs. Its in decent enough condition, but needs some tidying.

First Jobs:

- New Tyres all round.
Need to decide on a brand, I have had AD08r's previously. But heard good things about the semi-slick Nangkang NS2r's. We'll see.

- Cambelt. This was done at a local garage a couple of years ago, so will be getting re-done.

- New exhaust and mounts. Far too loud and wonky.

Then it needs an alloy refurb, general clean up, stripes removed and all good. Pics when I collect, but here's one:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 300

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yep AD08s on my old mini, louder and a littler but grippier. The nang kangs are definitely better value

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Good to see you back in a proper car. NS2R are very good for the price

Cheers bud. Let me know hen you're about and I'll let you have a go. See what you think.

Picked it up this morning and I'm pleased. Few things that I need to do/check out though.

Tyres, tracking and balancing are awful. Getting new alloys/tyres Monday so will sort tracking etc then too.

The exhaust is awful. It's a Toyosport cat-back which aren't the best in the world, very cheap. This will be up for sale soon, cheaply too. Sounds 'ok'.

Squeak from the drivers side front, not sure what that is.

Also noise when reversing at low revs. I think this may be the ill fitting exhaust however.

Belts getting booked in at Engine Dynamics for later this month. Will change oil and filter myself too. Then I want to do all the other fluids, and it's just cosmetics after that.

Mini project! :)

The avatar had me wondering...

I bet not spending approx. £5479412235 a month on finance is helping the house purchase ;)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
So a few things have changed.

I didn't collect the new wheel. The wheel I have, whilst melted, isn't in too bad condition (thumb grips are perfect etc). There are other things that I should be spending money on rather than a second hand wheel.

I have however ordered a few things, and have a few more things that I want to order on payday (the joys of not having £336 a month finance payments!)

Incoming are:

- Silver indicators front, back and sides.
- Ally footrest
- White side lights
- White interior lights + boot light
- New style R.S Renault Sport badge (from the 200)
- New wiper blades (must order a rear wiper too!)
- New washer jets, rather than 2 shooting lines these will mist the windscreen.

I am also collecting another set of 182 alloys this evening, the tyres on which have a bit more tread than mine and will see me through winter. I'll put new rubber on next year ready for track season.

On the list of things to do are:

Service it (Oil and Filter) - Will do this over bank holiday weekend coming up. Expect lots of whinging as I've not done it before!
Cambelt, Aux Belt and Dephaser to do. Will book in with Engine Dynamics.
New front arch liners as mine have holes in, will also buy new screws to make them look pretty.
New white stripes
New head unit with blue tooth (or I'll fit my existing parrot kit)
One of my speakers has blown and just buzzes. Remove for now and buy new speakers later.. Low priority.
Sanding the headlights, they're a bit mucky!

Found out that the rattle I was hearing was my fuel guard, I have tightened this up and no more rattle. It only has 1 nut on it though so I need to find another (11ml from memory).
And the whistle is from my exhaust, which will be replaced as and when (along with the induction kit)

I want to buy new bolts for my engine cover and a battery cover, but that can come when it comes..

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hmm!

@Phase1sr - You seemed very clued up on Clio's (not sure why, did you own one? :tongueout: ) Would you know the size?
Just order one from you local Renault bud, they have a build in washer.

I can't remember if they are 10mm spanner size or 11mm? if it is one or the other then it will be M6, i know the stud its attached to is M8

Clio 200t
Looking good mate!

Nice meeting you yesterday, even if you weren't all too keen on my car :grinning:

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Just order one from you local Renault bud, they have a build in washer.

I can't remember if they are 10mm spanner size or 11mm? if it is one or the other then it will be M6, i know the stud its attached to is M8

Sounds like a plan. I need to go into Renault and order a sump washer too, so will order one of these.

I think I will have to order a bonnet seal and fuel flap surround bit too!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'd phone them up first bud, will only have the washer in stock.

Get the pop rivets as well for the fuel neck.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So a few things have changed.

I didn't collect the new wheel. The wheel I have, whilst melted, isn't in too bad condition (thumb grips are perfect etc). There are other things that I should be spending money on rather than a second hand wheel.

I have however ordered a few things, and have a few more things that I want to order on payday (the joys of not having £336 a month finance payments!)

Incoming are:

- Silver indicators front, back and sides.
- Ally footrest
- White side lights
- White interior lights + boot light
- New style R.S Renault Sport badge (from the 200)
- New wiper blades (must order a rear wiper too!)
- New washer jets, rather than 2 shooting lines these will mist the windscreen.

I am also collecting another set of 182 alloys this evening, the tyres on which have a bit more tread than mine and will see me through winter. I'll put new rubber on next year ready for track season.

On the list of things to do are:

Service it (Oil and Filter) - Will do this over bank holiday weekend coming up. Expect lots of whinging as I've not done it before!
Cambelt, Aux Belt and Dephaser to do. Will book in with Engine Dynamics.
New front arch liners as mine have holes in, will also buy new screws to make them look pretty.
New white stripes
New head unit with blue tooth (or I'll fit my existing parrot kit)
One of my speakers has blown and just buzzes. Remove for now and buy new speakers later.. Low priority.
Sanding the headlights, they're a bit mucky!

Found out that the rattle I was hearing was my fuel guard, I have tightened this up and no more rattle. It only has 1 nut on it though so I need to find another (11ml from memory).
And the whistle is from my exhaust, which will be replaced as and when (along with the induction kit)

I want to buy new bolts for my engine cover and a battery cover, but that can come when it comes..
What speaker failed? Fairly sure I found two in a carrier bag yesterday, welcome to them.