ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S.W RR-Day Results, Pics & Videos

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
308?!!? Pah! From the laps around Llandow I don't reckon it was more than 297.3... ;)

Looks like it was a good day out and it's good to see that Marc's ITB'd Cup is still going strong.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
308?!!? Pah! From the laps around Llandow I don't reckon it was more than 297.3... ;)

Looks like it was a good day out and it's good to see that Marc's ITB'd Cup is still going strong.

Yep she's still holding in there Andy!!!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Chip, if you listen at 4 min onwards on your video your car is rattling its ass off, you can even see it detting looking at the exhaust fumes

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip, if you listen at 4 min onwards on your video your car is rattling its ass off, you can even see it detting looking at the exhaust fumes

The ramp rate on the rollers was really really slow at the top end (its resistance based not time based like the dyno dynamics so once past peak torque it was properly labouring and with minimal airflow) so it was getting way way hotter in terms of egt than it ever would in normal use. That's why I told him not to run it again, I've not built it to tow a caravan up a hill in fifth, so normally if its on boost its accelerating. So it doesn't ever have that issue in normal use.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Yeah, just thought I'd let you have a listen to check because its pretty loud. That ramp rate will certainly cause some high egt. I love the strapping too its awesome lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah, just thought I'd let you have a listen to check because its pretty loud. That ramp rate will certainly cause some high egt. I love the strapping too its awesome lol

Yeah cheers for the heads up but it won't normally see those egt so not something I would want to alter the map around, even in 4th (highest gear it ever gets to those revs on track) it pulls a good five times quicker from 6k to 7k I reckon plus has much better cooling then of course.
The strapping was just an attempt for traction, they aren't really geared up for 300lbft plus from fwd. on the rollers I use I strap over the wishbones and pull down like no doubt you do and it never spins at all.