ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S2000 in the sun...

Golf R
With the sun shining this morning and forecast to shine all weekend, it was enough of an incentive to clean the car and get the hardtop off (even if it is going back on after the weekend).

Awesome afternoon of getting to know the car better around a few of my favourite roads followed by a handful of pictures :

DSCF2748X.jpg

DSCF2751X.jpg

DSCF2753X.jpg

DSCF2759X.jpg

DSCF2761X.jpg

DSCF2763.jpg

I also had the geometry checked / reset back to factory settings the other day which has made a huge difference to the handling... whilst there i got this picture - quite like it for the unusual high positioning i could get :

DSCF2743.jpg

Golf R
nice what kinda MPG you gettin?

depends how much VTEC you give it.... first few tanks where i have just been commuting to work with no real excitement saw 33mpg... last tank with a fair bit more VTEC saw 28mpg... pretty much on a par with the 197 tbh so far... i expect as the weather gets better i'll be seeing more VTEC and fuel consumption will drop a bit more

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Looks great :)

Bet its nice to finally have some sunshine & dry roads to enjoy it eh !

Tangoed Works
Love S2000's, this is a minter.

8500rpm limiter isnt it?

think more like 9000 dude. seen a black one round my way with the loudest exhaust. absolute madness when the vtec cuts in on it. think the vtec on this engine is a lot more agressive than the K20's

Golf R
cheers chaps... the VTEC doesn't seem to give you a big kick in the back, but boy does it deliver an huge kick of power, rev round to the limiter change gear and do the same again... can't tire of it! even on a standard exhaust, the noise is awesome

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Why put the hardtop back on it, the weather has been great the last few days, and you can't just take the roof off while you are out then?

I love S2000's, especially the ones with the red leather interior and either gunmetal paint or black.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Were currently waiting for our hardtop stand from honda.. didnt really want it just sat on the garage floor so we decided to put it back on :)

Was a fantastic weekend, everyone had their tops down, i had to buy a cap hehe

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Amie........

Drive it up north. I've been offered one as a P/X. But i want a go in one first.

Golf R
Why put the hardtop back on it, the weather has been great the last few days, and you can't just take the roof off while you are out then?

I love S2000's, especially the ones with the red leather interior and either gunmetal paint or black.

as said, waiting on the hardtop stand and as soon as it arrives i'll be getting the hardtop in the garage. left a deposit on a black one with the red/black interior - ideally i wanted Moonrock with the red/black but couldn't find one, so settled on this one.

Amie........

Drive it up north. I've been offered one as a P/X. But i want a go in one first.

drive down south and you can have a go on our test route...

awesome pics and car :approve:

(would be even better if it was in Nurburgring Blue ;))

Nurby Blue is nice if you like blue as all the interior is also blue - the seats, dash and carpet - a bit OTT for me!

172cup
Nice motor mate, my pal has a white one and another lad who I know has just bought a yellow one. Its on my list of next cars!!

Banana
Looking very nice, I test drove one in that colour (was covered in stone chips though) before I settled on the yellow. I am having a hard time getting used to the handling, very skittish in the wet. I may book it in soon to get the geometry checked out too.
In the dry though, it is amazing.
Ive got a Blue Peter Hardtop stand, fabricated from bits of scrap wood and bubble wrap- does the job lol
You joined S2KI yet? I'm thinking of going to the Arran meet.