ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sachs of KW Coilovers?

Clio 200 Black and White
I've just got myself a new trophy and it's sitting on KW coilies as it was an ex-track car.

I got the sachs with it as well - should I swap them back in or leave it on the KW's?

I plan to do about 20 track days per year, but also have to use the car every day to get to work (90 mile round trip)...

Opinions welcome (from those who've tried both)

182 trophy 172 cup
Sachs are a motor sport accessory. High value items. Can't believe that anything cheaper would be better otherwise surely they'd have been put on by Renault?

Turbos.
Why would the KWs be cheaper? What type of KWs are they, V3s, Clubsports, full race?

Please don't make it out like the Sachs dampers can't be bettered, that is extremely narrow minded!

Clio 200 Black and White
I think the KW's are V2's.

I guess it's fitness for purpose really - I'm sure the KW's would perform better on the track with full slicks, but chances are the sachs will be better for the road.

Anyone had the luxury of trying both?

lift number 1 @ btm
look on the bottom of the struts to see if there is a sticker saying "kw competition".

if so they will be as good as the sachs, but with the advantage of being adjustable.

Clio 200 Black and White
ok, I'll check it out - a bit difficult to get under the car with it slammed to the ground...

lift number 1 @ btm
DSC00054.jpg

something like that:D

have a look at the bottom of the front strut for an alllen adjuster too, the rears need a metal pin to adjust.