ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sad fair well

visualize whirled pe
Oh well the RSi Mk2 ph1 had gone to a new owner who I hope will look after her..

Had to make the decision to sell a few weeks back as my fiancee was made redundant, she's an artist like me, but it's a hard industry to get work in so I waved my fair wells this evening, I loved owning that little car!

Here are a few pics and some of the artwork owning it inspired me to do!

Drive to Castle Combe

KIF_1237.gif

Brum! One of the best features was the engine, much better than the Ka we're now using but not as fugal.

rsiengine.gif

Clio loving antics inspired me to I bust out photoshop, I did a !

cup1-1.gif

A quick concept render!

finishedclio.gif

Another wee renault!

ren5gttwhite.gif

Pixel car!

rsi.gif

1:43 Model of it!!

3mod.gif

good bye old friend :(

visualize whirled pe
Just phoned up my insurers now to put my policy in 'stasis' as there are only 2 weeks left on the policy so there would be no point cashing in for the last 2 weeks or canceling and loosing 11.5 months NCD. It took a heated discussion for the guy to get his head around this:

I wanted my NCB for this year when the policy expires, he said "no just cancel the policy!" I pointed out that if you don't insure a car for 2 years you loose all NCB so I said I'll have the 10 years I've earned and want my policy to run on hold for the next two weeks.

The way I look at it is like this:
If you don't get that full 1 year NCB added to your policy, your NCB is then measured from the year previous; ergo you now have to re-insure a car (any car) in one year (not two) to keep your NCB as this goes down to zero after 2 years (three with some insurers). Being as I can't tell when I will own my own car again I am not willing to loose one years grace.

This however is all regardless of the final fact that I have earned 10 years NCB but apparently because they only offer 'up to' 5 years on a policy what I am given? 5!!!!!!????????? What the f**k happened to the other 5 years of me driving safely?????????? Beggars belief!

You've got to love insurance company logic.

172 Ph2 Flamer
thats fcuking awesome art work mate !! u really do that ? the blue 1 is the nuts!! do it for me in flame red :) lol

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Hopefully work will pick up & you can get a sport mate:cool: , still gotta get you to make me one of those pics for me, was hoping this month to get one off you, Coil overs were purchased so now i'm back to where i was last moth :dapprove:

visualize whirled pe
She was one of the good un's so will make a good car for the new owner, a young lad of 17, he's gonna be stoked it when his parents rock up in it for him! Still looking lovely from it's last coat of 476s.

It probably won't happen for a while but I'll be coming back to a Clio again, I always fancied a silver valver, PHQuick or a Vee. Stupidly enough I was right on track for getting myself a vee for my 30th next year, but the savings for that have been.... re-designated haha.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
If you want one bad enough you'll get one mate, f**k owning one with the possible £2 a little at the pumps though lol

mk4 golf gttdi180
its probally gone get a nasty set of lexarse lights and some badass 17s.poor thing. what did ou get for it in the end / what was the milage ?

visualize whirled pe
I got a descent price. Initially I advertised for £1950 but people just didn't want to spend that on a car with 87k on the clock so I got £1700 in the end. Not bad really, I'm happy with that as I remember Giles was trying for fair a while to sell his RSi and tbh his was probably nicer condition than mine.

My insurance was due in two weeks so it worked out well for me selling it now. God knows how many people called me though and turned up for test drives only to say "I cant afford the insurance" or they wanted to haggle on the phone without seeing the car only to presumably haggle me down again when they arrive. I was only offered £1000 cash at a garage for them to take it off my hands.

They got a bargain, and I'm happy I've got one less thing to worry about :)