ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sadly Missed

Phase 1 Clio 172
This is whats happened to my clio due to a stupid truck driver

i was staedy driving at 70 mph in the fast lane of a two lane motor way when the stupid truck driver tried cutting me up and cutting into my lane i slammed on he then relised i where i was and then went back into his own lane by this time i had tried to put as much space between me and the truck causing my car to go up against the barrier ripping the wheel off and me coming to a stop the truck driver then continued to drive off

it pisses me off the fact of the accident could have been alot worse and the truck driver just drives off but lucky i and no one else was hurt there were three independant witness's to see it and all said it was the trucks fault and one witness got the plate the police are now carrying out there invetsigations i just hope they get the driver to pay me out

P20-01-10_1219.jpg

P20-01-10_1224.jpg

P20-01-10_1325.jpg

P20-01-10_132501.jpg

P20-01-10_1328.jpg

P20-01-10_132801.jpg

P20-01-10_1332.jpg

proper gutted i had started to really like the car but all being well and i get payed out i will be getting another :D

Phase 1 Clio 172
yeh did thankfully i had just had all the headgasket valves done and cam belt done aswell the car was running sweet but im sending a copy of the engine recipt to the evaulation engineers just to help bump up the claim abit

Barge
:( Bad times lad. Thankfully you got the witnesses and one luckily got his reg. Hopefully that'll stop you losing your NCB, etc.

Audi TT 3.2
guuted for you, but like you said you walked away and hopfully will get another one!

Unlucky, looked a nice example. Hope they get the culprit and you find yourself a new one.

TTRS & V50
Fack me, bent the strut. Seems nasty.

As long as your all covered legit, you shouldn't have a problem getting a claim through. 3 witness's and a number plate you should be good.

sorry to hear this bud, was this the clio you got cheap only a couple months back?

I hope they find him and you get your payout asap

b/g 182, meg tourer
gutted.
pisses me off how a lot of truck drivers think the own the road! had a couple of close calls with them myself.

DMS

A thirsty 172
That's nasty. Feel sorry for you mate.
At least the truck driver driving off kind of makes him look guilty regardless of whether he was or not. And if you've got witnesses whose statements match up then you can't lose really. Good luck with it.

Phase 1 Clio 172
cheers everyone for your responces ;)

had a phone call off the police today they have the driver its just up to them now to speak to the witnesses and take it form there

yeh i only had the car a month got it cheap stands me at a grand now :)

and had 1 slver wheel on as i was intending on spraying the last one and putting it on this weekend :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
tbh id buy that back and repair it.

subframe, cv joint, drive shaft, hub, suspension leg,

cant imagine there is too much more damage?
be mint if you could buy it back for very little :D

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Hope they give that driver what he deserves and you get a good payout mate! Truck drivers are dangerous sometimes!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Awesome how truck driver is at fault hopefully that will get sorted for you! pr!ck

Gutter about the car though, looked pretty mint aswell :(

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
cheers everyone for your responces ;)

had a phone call off the police today they have the driver its just up to them now to speak to the witnesses and take it form there

yeh i only had the car a month got it cheap stands me at a grand now :)

and had 1 slver wheel on as i was intending on spraying the last one and putting it on this weekend :(

Bargain!

As said buy it back and get it fixed up, well that's if they offer it to you on the cheap.

Hope they manage to pin it on the lorry driver too!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's disgusting when people do this. They should have their lisence suspended for that type of behaviour.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
It's very heartening that witnesses actually stopped and got the plate for you and great to hear they police have gotten in touch with the driver!

Phase 1 Clio 172
i think theres about as much damage as i would get payed out for it so is it really worth repairing

end of day it will never be the car it once was and would also be classed as a insurance right off at some point making it a problem to sell later on

i would rather spend the money on another black phase 1 ;)

If you can buy that back for cheap enough, you could either get that fixed, as it doesn't look that bad, or you could easily make alot of money breaking that, just might take a while

Swift Sport
Sorry to hear this mate, hope you get it sorted. What will you replace it with?

Edit :- I should read first lol.

ITB'd MK1
i think theres about as much damage as i would get payed out for it so is it really worth repairing

end of day it will never be the car it once was and would also be classed as a insurance right off at some point making it a problem to sell later on

i would rather spend the money on another black phase 1 ;)

even as a repaired write off, it'll be worth more than you've paid out already, the body damage looks mostly cosmetic, i'd fix that all day long, especially being a black one

Phase 1 Clio 172
driving without due car and attention as well
as if he says he didnt notice me he failed to look in his mirrors before manouvering

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Could probably come up with a list of things he could be charged with! lol. And rightly so. Driving something that size and weight is a huge responsibility that none of them seem to take seriously.