ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

santa pod feb 19th

secret
hi guys, its my bday on sat the 18th and ive decided to go santa pod on the 19th so your all welcome to come.

entry fee is £10 and £25 for unlimited runs down the strip.

i will be bookin this by latest feb 10th so would need money off people before hand. i will b doing this as a club so we are guarenteed parking as a group etc

many thanks

james

x

secret
but i only want them for the one day as it will b my last event like this in the clio so no more 15" wheels

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Dude...I was thinking about RWYB some time after March...I might see if I can turn up myself...will let you know nearer the time.

Sounds good though...(V.Tempted!) :)

SG9 Forester STi
I wouldn't mind coming to this although my recent gearbox refurb cost me £589 today as a result of last years drag days lol. Will have a think and see if I can make it :)

SG9 Forester STi
In an attempt to defend the 'drag race' lol, it was a 60k gearbox and when I got it at 30k I'm not sure of the life it had (written off clio might be an indication of a hard life). I have done 2 years of drag racing summers in it though.

The refurb was pricey and still makes me wince to think of it but thinking back to the RWYB it's loads of fun and definitely worth it :cool:.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Question...what about helmets? (Sorry if its a thick question as never done a RWYB before)

secret
dont u need a helmet for over 100mph? im taking mine anyway, i did in the valver. i hope u all can make it, the old faces ;) and the new :)

secret
this was not long after owning the valver, just had exhaust and airfilter and ran 15.3 iirc and yes that scooby soon went past me, was rapid lol
DSC02187.jpg

secret
In ready lol wel kinda, gota finish paintin f1s and get some tyres, if not i will use the pradas or the p6000s lol

secret
What do u think to just some part worn tyres that i can rip apart and then chuck away? Would my grip be too s**t?

Just use the P6000s if you're going to do that. I had them on a Primera and they were shocking, especially in the wet.

My 172 is completely standard, be shocked if it hit 100 on a 1/4 mile.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I managed to randomly book this day off work, it must be fate, now i have to come!!!

secret
yes u do si :) its the cs honor haha

and a message to everyone...... anyone is welcome so pls bring whoever you please within reason lol, the more the merrier but as i said i need to know numbers and have money so ur parking space is sorted

secret
If ppl want to pay in advance to book let me know if not just turn up on the day, if most ppl are just turning up on the day i probs wont book anything

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
This is also what im worried about

I have done 35 plus runs in mine at pod gearbox is fine (rushes off to touch wood !) As long as you dont go silly with the launch .

May well be up for this :D
BUT booking in advance is dodgy this time of year at pod , may not open track till mid morning then you will only get 2-3 runs max if busy . You will still be able to park as all together anyway plenty parking this early .
Maybe just pay on day would be safer option IMO.
Any damp weather and track takes ages to dry out .

Last edited:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Question...what about helmets? (Sorry if its a thick question as never done a RWYB before)

Only need helmets in cabbys or if your terminal speed is 100 plus . It will be beetween 88-93 i reckon ;)

By my lot i mean the ppl from stafford and cannok hu are coming

as said before if the weather is good i shall most likely come, let me know the convoy details a bit nearer the time.

cheers wocka

are you still in the ph1 or have you got an evo??