ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sat here waiting for the AA...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

...f****** useless piece of Renault sh*te.

Theres a light, centre of the top row of the central group of warning lights between speedo/rev counter, its small, round and red.

I normally only see this blinking away when the cars locked...but today it flashes very fast when Im turning the key to try to start it...which doesnt happen. No currents getting to the starter.

Does that mean the immobiliser is doing its job and my keys f***ed?

Anyone help?

Why did I think that was going to be a post from Little Newms?

I thought the immobiliser still allowed current to the starter motor and just stopped the spark.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Please done say you have what i had once....................

They tried everything, new immobiliser, re programed they keys, starter motor etc...

In the end replaced the whole!!!! wiring loom

I had this Mark, french electrics yet again!!

Used my spare key and all was fine.

The other key needs replacing/reprogramming when I get around to it at a cost of £90+

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Does it?

If thats the case Ill be needing a third starter motor or wiring loom :(

Anyone say for certain what that light flashing really fast means? I just looked again and its between the "STOP" and "SERV" lights...

[Edited by MarkCup on 20 July 2005 at 2:18pm]

I hope I havent got the same probs as you Newms...I remember you having a right nightmare getting it sorted.

£90 Day? Thats outrageous...:mad:

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 20 July 2005
I may well be seeing him very soon...

Be quick as Linningtons are closing down pretty soon!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

A1 service as usual.

Thanks Mike.

Having been told next Thursday was the earliest they could possibly fit me in, and being faced with a £150+ hire car fee in the meantime, Mike172sport works his magic, shifts things about, and gets it sorted once again :D :D :D