ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sat-nav

my sat nav went funny, it turns itself off, and doesnt speak to tell me what direction to go, its going back into the garage on thursday, to be replaced, has anyone had any similar problems with sat nav.:(

dk

911 GTS Cab

sorry, havent you just changed your profile, im sure it said 172 cup a few minutes ago?

dk

911 GTS Cab

you sneaky bugger hendry!

speak to liam182, hes the only other person i know with sat nav in a 182

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 22 June 2004

about 4 months ago mate, you think about an upgrade, they are really nice
lol

Yeah I have sat nav, you talking about the colour version yes installed at factory?

NO problems this end, but less than 1.5 hours use over all probably, how long you had yours?

when you say not talking have you got it on guidence?

you tried re installing the software that came with it the language and voice software?

BTW mine only has 2 female voices to choose from how about yours?

if you check your software version I will compare it to mine see if you ar up to date.

let me know

Liam

Yawn... Ive had SatNav for 2 years in my 172..... 182,172.... all the same ya know.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 22 June 2004

Yawn... Ive had SatNav for 2 years in my 172..... 182,172.... all the same ya know.
sorry roamer not sure what you mean?

presume you are talking aout the 182 comment, if so he was asking if anybody had it as he has a 182 with satnav, just thought he would want to compare it to a 182 owner incase they have changed the software at all.

my comment was nothing to do with 172/182 at all:confused:

l have the car for two months n with colour screen did not know have two voices how do u program this , took to the garage for it to be checked out, they tried re installing all the soft ware, but the same problems came up, it only showed up the map, and the arrows, to where we were suppose to go, she would talk (rosie our computer name) then after a minute or so, it would go silent, sometimes she would switch off itself and turn back on, and sometimes the screen would flicker alot, we only use to for long distance journeys

Ford Fiesta

mm doesnt sound right at all. you can turn voice on and off in menu but presume you checked this?

there are 2 voices on mine in settings menu, but I thought there was suppose to be 8 male and 8 female?

littleone what car have you got? not good is it if 2 out of 2 have same fault..... oh dear.

Ford Fiesta

Roamer do i just stick the cd in and it asks me to load more voices or do I have to reinstall all software again?

no dis advantage to having all 16 then loaded on?

shame I cant have scrolling screen and pointing car direction, can only have northwards map and scrolling too.

my dads got it on his 172 (mk2)

the only thing that goes wrong, is the clock on it i dunno if its related to the sat nav (i doubt it) most of the time its an hour in front and then about ten minutes later it adjusts its self to the right time.

hes been back to them with it, but they cant find a thing wrong with it (surprise, surprise)

Ford Fiesta

cat171 the clock is set by the sat nav, not by us, well on mine its like that anyway.

so easy to add voices anyone?

back from garage change all the unit working again but they dont know what cause the problem ( may be the period )

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by hendry on 24 June 2004

back from garage change all the unit working again but they dont know what cause the problem ( may be the period )
may be the period???

they had to change everything? unit in boot, sensors? screen? BIG job, they can only fit the unit in factory due to how well integrated it is.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 22 June 2004

Roamer do i just stick the cd in and it asks me to load more voices or do I have to reinstall all software again?

no dis advantage to having all 16 then loaded on?

shame I cant have scrolling screen and pointing car direction, can only have northwards map and scrolling too.

you should have a language cd to change voices etc