ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Satin black grill help

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Of course you'd of had moisture problems after it has rained?!
Are you a meteorologist too? This is one reason why you spray in an oven, so there is no moisture and a constant temperature, you are aware how condensation works right?

When did the OP say he sprayed it in the day/sun?

Of course there are many reasons, but I guessed he had sprayed it in the rain without him even saying when he had sprayed it. It's obvious the primer wouldn't of cured after two hours in those conditions too.

Heat treats it completely different, but you know this, I can usually sorry anything 30 minutes after being in direct sunlight.

Don't worry mate, I think we should just agree to disagree on this one, or this could go on for quite a while. You both have valid points! But spraying in a oven is totally different to spraying outside diy style. I have taken both your comments on board, both opinions played a factor in the crap finish! We will see how I get on doing it my old way. Let's leave it at that

Audi A8 3.0tdi/172.
Of course you'd of had moisture problems after it has rained?!
Are you a meteorologist too? This is one reason why you spray in an oven, so there is no moisture and a constant temperature, you are aware how condensation works right?

When did the OP say he sprayed it in the day/sun?

Of course there are many reasons, but I guessed he had sprayed it in the rain without him even saying when he had sprayed it. It's obvious the primer wouldn't of cured after two hours in those conditions too.

Heat treats it completely different, but you know this, I can usually sorry anything 30 minutes after being in direct sunlight.

In another thread he made, page 2 I believe.

Of course yeah, ok mate you know more than me. I'm sorry I offered my knowledge.

As I said, solvent issues due to no heat treatment. Not moisture.

Night.

Audi A8 3.0tdi/172.
I refurbished my alloys, I left 24 hours after primer before I sprayed the black and they came out brilliant. It's in my project thread, had a few comments saying it's the best diy job they've seen. I must say they look pretty good, I think I will go back to my old technique and see how I go on with that! Oh really? Wow cheers mate

Of course, happy to help out.

I can send you or recommend the satin I used. It's very good for a can......