ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Save some cash on your oil!!

182... again!
Dealer wants £55 for Elf excellium 5W-40 when they service mine in 2 weeks...

So on Wednesday ordered 24 litres from Total Butler in Castleford, speak to Debra Hallas on 01977 603363. Was deivered on Friday morning, all for £86.86!!

Thats enough for 4 services and top ups.....saving well over £100 on Renault stealer prices:approve:

182... again!
Tom Rigbanks said:
If you changed it more often you wouldnt need such expensive oil.

So what are you suggesting? Spend, say £25 on oil every 6000 miles....:S

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Well, ive been in this game along time. Im my view, you cant change the oil enough. Id rather do 3 changes in 12,000 with cheaper halfords oil, than 1 with mobil 1 (insert any branded expensive oil here).

When your oil is saturated with debris, id doesnt matter how much you spent on it, it will still wear your engine out.

182... again!
What games that then?

Better quality oil will stand more extreme use for longer, therefore less debris! I think a quality oil every 6K is often enough including trackday use....

In any case, the thread was intended for anyone who wants to buy Excellium at a cheaper rate...ok!

Shhh
But i dont want to own the car for 4 services more, its already on 36k and prob be dead by 48k...

How does the oil come, one tin, or is it in 5ltr bottles.

Maybe split the load?

tiTTy & SV650
I've bought from Deborah directly and indirectly a few times now, its the way to go IMO. I change every 6k

BG 182, R26
AliasOmega said:
But i dont want to own the car for 4 services more, its already on 36k and prob be dead by 48k...

Maybe split the load?

They sent me 12 x 2 ltr plastic bottles.

106 GTi
Is there anywhere you can buy this off the shelf at a reasonable cost without ordering direct or from Renault?

Cheers

Rich

182... again!
AliasOmega said:

Maybe split the load?

As above mate...came in 12, 2 litre bottles. Would be good if people went in with mates, split four ways would make a great deal!

182... again!
Rich said:
Is there anywhere you can buy this off the shelf at a reasonable cost without ordering direct or from Renault?

Cheers

Rich

Not seen it anywhere myself fella!

5 litres for an oil change on a 182.

I purchased some Elf 5w40 to Deb before, highly recommend