ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saxo dreamers again

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Tony,

The fact BenR dismissed this straight away without looking at the evidence is my point. Anyway everything I wanted to say has been said.

BenR, Ya cool mate. BTW I can get over 500bhp at the fly with my new flymo, it has an Ecotek, a Supercharger, some fully syn oil and uprated spark plugs not forgetting the Viper stripes as well :D

Not my saxo ... jesus read the posts.

FYI mine is running close to 130 @ the wheels. :D

Look i understand that your getting defensive over your cars, i do the same when it happens on our board.

Matt has a 260bhp saxo.... fact. No i dont have a printout as it aint my car.

I have seen his car and i have seen it move, if your that bothered ring GMC where all the work on his car is done. As it happens it is possible he can get to 300bhp @ fly through improved technology, more injectors etc.

When you make a comment about a 350bhp 172 turbo do you see me slating it... no because i am aware that most things are possible if you have the cash!!!

Just had another look at the thread on SSC

Andys vtr has 155 @ wheels (s/c) it weighs 900kg. It has an official Datron timed 0-100 of 15.5 secs.

:D

"BenR, Ya cool mate. BTW I can get over 500bhp at the fly with my new flymo, it has an Ecotek, a Supercharger, some fully syn oil and uprated spark plugs not forgetting the Viper stripes as well :D"

Well!!!!

i drilled the airbox on mine and got a whole load more,not 500...but i didnt budget for the viperstripes!

BTW....why dont the
thingy work!!??

Well what can i say you would have thought on a clio sport forum people would be a little older, wiser and mature.

How wrong, exception of chavy etc. NOT Ben

Reminds me a bit of CorsaSport in this case.

Goodbye!;)

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Ben drilling the airbox ! Damn didnt think of that !

Have you Rolling Roaded it yet ? I think I may speak to Nick Hill to see if different cams would work ?

Rudi - is anyone on ur club going trade for the new C3 - boy that thing looks the bees - should look good parked in a scrapyard - whats with the new citreon advet- the bird in the new c3 obviously reckons her hubbys new car is pants and wishes the pilot of the jet would give her a lift.....................no citroen hot hatch then ........again!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Cupsize? lest we forget that Renault brought out the Twingo mate. That was an abortion ! The C3 is gorgeous compared to it !!!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Noooooooooooooooo

but she has a Fiat Scicento (spelling) and she has now seen the light ;) but the Scicento looks better than the twingo as well.

Quote: Originally posted by Rudi (SSC) on 25 September 2002

Well what can i say you would have thought on a clio sport forum people would be a little older, wiser and mature.

How wrong, exception of chavy etc. NOT Ben

Reminds me a bit of CorsaSport in this case.

Goodbye!;)

LOL!!! i got really shafted today!

anyway, Chavy.....hmmm....cams.....aint yours a rotary motor too!!!LOL

i was thinking of putting a seat on teh flymo so i can ride it....

BMW 320d Sport

Well all I can say (apart from I am 100% behind Chavy on this) is that *anything* is possible with enough money and time. I cant see any reason why you couldnt get 200-300 bhp out of a 1.6 lump with forced induction. OK it may not last a long time and perhaps the car isnt what youd called a well-rounded performer but so what? The claim was 200bhp (or whatever it was) and if its true, then its true. If its not then its not. The tune of the engine is nothing to do with whether its had a brake upgrade or whether the drivetrain is about to meet its maker.

I dont know all the details of the car and the mods, but lets say its all down to plumbing in a blower with no engine or drivetrain mods. Maybe the owner is waiting until later to do the brakes, suspension, gearbox, clutch etc...I dont know but he wouldnt be the first person to go for power first and then see how long the gearbox lasts, uprating it when it finally breaks.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Thanks Nick !

BenR alais it is a rotary lump but a rotary lumps along side the same capacity 4 stroke will out perform it it terms of bhp.

There is alot to be said about the rotary engine but reliability and service cost are not on the most wanted shall we say.

Ahh ben the seat, ahh yerr I can see you are going the Flymo Cup way ;)

Grass hopper you are learning well !

yeah.....got a carbon seat to save weight!

and i should be doing the 24hr endurance flight......gotta beep me tips sharp for taht...maybe some tungsten ones!

RE teh blower.......do you think 8psi and a cooler will give an extra 170BHP....only thing i wonder about.....but im sick of getting shafted....LOL!

anyway, he has got a 200bhp saxo.....

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Not wanting to start this thread up again but (remember: I know nothing) there was a Saxo on Men and Motors about 2 years ago it was a VTS and it had been tuned to something like 200bhp+ and the guy said that when he drove it hard the windscreen cracked! Now this actually happened as they showed him do it!!!

Was a right laugh!

Beg to disagree - the twingo vs the C3 - me thinks twingo wins, theres a load of modded twingos in France and theres nothing you can do to the C3 to make it look better.........a 2CV looks better, my point is its no hot hatch?

LOL@Geordiepaul !

I think that shows you that putting too much power though a chassis that isnt designed to take it ends up with something knackered (ie if the windscreen cracked then you either have movement in the chassis or the shell, id bet on the chassis!)

Tony