ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saxo rolled at Oulton

Today in the stock hatch race, the car was an absolute wreck. The cage however, is untouched and the driver is only sore, no broken bones/death.

301988_2372295395175_1484233852_2697283_591691530_  n.jpg

299393_2372293515128_1484233852_2697275_1177307963  _n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Jesus thats made a mess, lucky to come out without any injuries really

Lotus Elise
Thats a big crash love the commentary, nice to see Oulton havent repaired the armco upright I broke last year.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Jesus normaly when go oulton i stand where it actually rolled that would be been awesome to watch. Thank god for roll cages, like said your safer in a brown paper bag.

Oil Burner
The tyre wall spears out towards the track, so its possible that he is trying to avoid that and it sends him onto the track at that angle. Although it does look like he has the understeer sorted a few seconds before going back on circuit. Equally i would of thought 94 would of given him a wider birth.

I would say its a racing incident, unfortunate but at least the car stayed within the track (a surprise given the shocking state of the armco along there) and the drivers were ok.

f**k about, I bet the driver shat himself.

I don't think many cars would have looked good after rolling as much as that.

Also got to remember that bouncing down the grass he'll be able to see s**t all in his mirrors. You can't lift in FWD either, just a shame that the yellow car was in the wrong place at the wrong time :(

Mini Cooper S
Poor bloke, shame such a big accident happened which wasn't even his fault. But it is racing at the end of the day, and lucky he walked out of it!

182cup & 172 racecar
I must admit,if it was me and I saw a car that had gone off (nobody was unsighted here) then I would approach with a little caution,maybe a little lift or brake even,not just keep ploughing straight on into a possible accident.
The guy has just come off the grass ffs,he could be going anywhere,have a bit of sense.

Rob I'm surprised at you,not all the blame is on the blue car.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like the guy was headed straight across the track looking at the angle he came back on...

182cup & 172 racecar
Looks like the guy was headed straight across the track looking at the angle he came back on...
Slow it down and look again.

30sec,point of impact,they hit on the left of the circuit.
Also look at the bumps in the grass and see how unstable the blue car is.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Slow it down and look again.

30sec,point of impact,they hit on the left of the circuit.
Also look at the bumps in the grass and see how unstable the blue car is.
I didn't notice how far to the left the driver in the yellow was! Definitely should have given more room than that.
On the flip side is it not the driver rejoining's responsibility not to impede others when coming back on? Assuming he didn't fully lose control of it.