ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

say i purchase a hd lcd tv

and plug my ps3 into it via a hdmi cable and the tele has freeview will everything just come out hd?

i kno the films from the ps3 are blueray but is it really all there is to it?

i kno freeview isnt hd so ill need a sky hd box but will the games and films from the ps3 be hd as it comes with a hdmi cable?

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
To view HD you will need a HD TV and cable. Freeview and normal DVDs wont be in HD. You have to have HD DVD's or Channels. SKY have a couple of HD channels but it costs extra.

Octy VRS
If the tv is HD compatible and you have it connected via HDMI from the PS3 then yes it will all be in HD. PS3's don't come with an HDMI cable so you'll need to buy one separately. Don't bother with an expensive one they are pretty much all the same.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
If the tv is HD compatible and you have it connected via HDMI from the PS3 then yes it will all be in HD. PS3's don't come with an HDMI cable so you'll need to buy one separately. Don't bother with an expensive one they are pretty much all the same.

The Free view won't be in HD, the DVD's you watch from the ps3 will be upscaled in a slightly better quality. the blurays will be HD. and the games will be HD. don't bother buying old films that are converted to bluray, just buy new releases, i have brought quite a lot of old bluray films and they look the same as the upscaled dvds. so just buy the new films you want in bluray don't go replacing your old dvds

Revels Mum & Sister
If the films are Blu Ray then yes they will be HD, the games will be HD as well as long as you use the HDMI cable and your TV has a HDMI port and will output HD resolution which it should if your buying new

dk

911 GTS Cab

The Free view won't be in HD, the DVD's you watch from the ps3 will be upscaled in a slightly better quality. the blurays will be HD. and the games will be HD. don't bother buying old films that are converted to bluray, just buy new releases, i have brought quite a lot of old bluray films and they look the same as the upscaled dvds. so just buy the new films you want in bluray don't go replacing your old dvds
depends what you mean by old films and also it all depends how the film was shot.

Bluray movies can be easily made from older films as they are taken from a source that it technically a higher resolution than bluray is anyway!

take the matrix for instance, the first film, absolutely amazing in HD - 8 years old, black hawk down, again amazing and 6 years old and then Top Gun, 21 years old and stunning picture!

Its got very little to do with the age fo the film, its a lot to do with how the film was originally shot and what it was shot on.