ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ScanGauge 2 / ECU Issue

180.5 bhp 172
I just put a ScanGauge in my 172 and it works a treat.

Shows far more Gauges than a lot of users have said on here and i'm really pleased with it.

There are 2 little issues though that I was hoping someone could help me with.

- The MPH doesn't display, which has a knock-on effect to MPG/0-60 Times etc. The ScanGauge is saying I have a P0500 fault, which is the Speed Sensor, so i'm assuming that's the problem there, so i'll replace that and see if that works.

- Also, the ScanGauge is designed to turn off when the RPM hits 0. When I turn the engine off and take the key out, it displays 230rpm, thus not turning the ScanGauge off.

I cant find anything on their website that is of any help and was just wondering if anyone here has any ideas?

Makes me think there is an ECU problem.

Thanks!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like a data fault rather than an actual ECU fault. Try it in another non-Renault car first to see if it does the same.

Mick

Clio sport 182
Sorry, for raising the issue. But have you been able to solve the problem of cutting off the power to the screen?

I switch off with key and it remains on. I was thinking of modifying the obd2, changing port 16 that goes directly to the battery, and taking a cable that only has 12v when the car is started.

Is it a bad idea?