ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scorpian 182 vs Scorpian 192

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so was looking at Scorp exhausts, and there appear to be 2 variations on the standard

renault-clio-182-20-16v-scorpion-performance-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system_683711_500.jpg

And the custom rs192

pic7.jpg

So my question is is it better to have the twin silencers or the single ?
Would performance be effected by restrictions in only having 1 silencer.
I will assume the twin silencer is quieter.
Has anyone done any direct comparrisons on these?

Pretty lacking in knowledge on this, but could somebody also point out if the single silencer uses one less exhaust mount?

500 Twinair
I've only heard of the scorpion rs192, but the differentce would be that the rs192 will be a bit louder and I would of thought a touch lighter. Also you have three exhaust mounts, whether it has one or two silencers..

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have the rs192 and it was a very subtle system so I had a decat put on. The chap who I bought my seats off had a decatted normal (straight cut tips/one rear back box) and it was noticeably louder.

AB Clio 182 FF
hey i have the 182 version with center pipe came on the car when i brought it ,i added a scorpion decat , it has a nice sound to it if im honest , its fairly quiet without the decat , still has a nice sound to it when you put your foot down , sounds a lot better with the decat though , even mick at diamond motors said it sounded nice when i took my car for dephaser.
1 down fall is i found it a b**ch to get it aligned properly , when i brought the car it wasn't aligned properly and had burnt the bumper , its fine now i have done it properly lol.

Where in derbyshire are you from ?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Both systems use all 3 exhaust mounts, you can see the mounting points in the pictures. The twin silencer RS192 system is very quiet and subtle even with de cat as said but is still a lot lighter than the original

Both systems use all 3 exhaust mounts, you can see the mounting points in the pictures. The twin silencer RS192 system is very quiet and subtle even with de cat as said but is still a lot lighter than the original

I can only see 2 hangers on the single silencer variant! Cheers though. Sorry for the minor hijack Allan-!

320d
This is mine with and without decat. Its the 182 system with one back box.

With:

Without:

I love the system. It doesn't boom on the motorway even with the decat and sounds really nice. Reasonably loud too without being too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
  AB Clio 182 FF
I can only see 2 hangers on the single silencer variant! Cheers though. Sorry for the minor hijack Allan-!

nope there is 3 , 2 that you can see in the pic an 1 towards the back of the silencer on the right hand side , jus had a look on mine lol

AB Clio 182 FF
This is mine with and without decat. Its the 182 system with one back box.

With:

Without:

I love the system. It doesn't boom on the motorway even with the decat and sounds really nice. Reasonably loud too without being too much.

I love the sound of mine to , its just right like you say not too loud , not too quiet .

is yours the scorpion decat ?

always wondered what mine sounded like from the outside lol must be the same as yours :) , sounds awesome IMO

nope there is 3 , 2 that you can see in the pic an 1 towards the back of the silencer on the right hand side , jus had a look on mine lol

Ah OK, cheers.

Slightly disappointed after hearing the vid, had hoped that the 182 + Scorp would have the same low growl as a Williams + Scorp :( still nice though and potentially what I'll be going for.

titanium 182
Ive just fitted the rs192 to my 182 today, as mentioned above it was a nightmare to line up properly. I have the scorpion de-cat aswell but couldnt get the lambda out my cat so its just a cat back for today. Tbh its just the same as a standard system noise wise apart from a small amount of rasp and whistle under load. Looking forward to fitting the de-cat tommorow to a hopefully raspier louder note!!!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I got the tailpipes and system into the position I wanted and bent the hanges into the right position. Admittedly you shouldn't need to do so on a £400 system but it took all of 5-10 minutes

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I love the sound of mine to , its just right like you say not too loud , not too quiet .

is yours the scorpion decat ?

always wondered what mine sounded like from the outside lol must be the same as yours :) , sounds awesome IMO

I have the same system I think that sounds decent on both, you dont get a true sense of the sound when you only drive it yourself

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Im actually in Derby itsself. just off the 52, my 182 is running the single back box version but its alittle loud for my liking (decatted atm might put cat back on). Im running a scorp on the williams which sounds lovely and on my dimma there is a mongoose which is well loud lol thats about all you can say about it :D
I do like the 182 sound when you boot it, but at 60 it has a nasty drone, hence why i was considering the 192 system which might of been quieter

hey i have the 182 version with center pipe came on the car when i brought it ,i added a scorpion decat , it has a nice sound to it if im honest , its fairly quiet without the decat , still has a nice sound to it when you put your foot down , sounds a lot better with the decat though , even mick at diamond motors said it sounded nice when i took my car for dephaser.
1 down fall is i found it a b**ch to get it aligned properly , when i brought the car it wasn't aligned properly and had burnt the bumper , its fine now i have done it properly lol.

Where in derbyshire are you from ?

titanium 182
Right, got my de-cat on my rs192 (twin box system) today and the noise levels have risen. Not over loud but spot on i think, sounds nice and quiet when driving normally even at 70 but when you give it the beans it sounds great. With the de-cat on my 182 revs up MUCH MUCH more freely than before.
GREAT SYSTEM FOR THE PRICE!!!

182 Ly ff.
Right, got my de-cat on my rs192 (twin box system) today and the noise levels have risen. Not over loud but spot on i think, sounds nice and quiet when driving normally even at 70 but when you give it the beans it sounds great. With the de-cat on my 182 revs up MUCH MUCH more freely than before.
GREAT SYSTEM FOR THE PRICE!!!

Spot on.

LY Megane R26
I also have the scorpion RS192 system with a decat and have to admit I'm very impressed with it.
Id heard a few people have issues with gettin it lined up nicely and it sitting on the piss, but mine went straight on and had no issue what so ever with fitment.
As for noise it sounds great, has a nice tone to it, it's not too raspy tbh, so doesn't sound tinny. It's not overly loud so when pottering around town it doesn't make everyone stare at you lol, and motorway is great, I use the motorway once or twice a week and I was a little worried about fittin the decat at first as I didn't want it too drone but I'm glad I went with the decat cause it's not intrusive on the motorway at all, you can have a normal convo in the car at 70-80 and it doesn't drone at all.
But when you put your foot down its amazing, makes an awesome racket :)

Overall I'm dead chuffed with it, and glad I went for it, I was looking at the ktec but I've rad a few different opinions on them in terms of them droning quite Badly and sounding really tinny, so I looked at the scorpion and piper, but the rs192 system I have popped up at the right price and locally so I went for it.

I would definatly recommend one :D

I havnt compared to the other system that they make, but according to the RS192 website they said they found the twin backbox better than the single silencer backbox set up, iirc it flowed better and they said it had some other advantages in terms of power and flow etc, but they also said the single silcener drones alot more, and is a fair bit louder, so depends what you want tbh.

Hope that helps :)

derv biege barge
I have RS192 without Decat, sounds just right for me, my last car had a really loud exhaust which was a novelty for a fortnight then it starts to annoy on the daily commute or the unbearable drone at 70 on the motorway. I sold my last car 3 months after installing that exhaust. It also made me realise I'm 33 not 23.

If you use the cruise control it sounds quiet at motorway speeds, it sounds nice when giving it full throttle, not a loud chavvy noise at all, best to get someone else to drive it whilst you listen from the pavement.

This video helped me decide :

I was worried after reading on here how they can be tricky to fit, mine went on right first time. I read somewhere on cliosport.net to install the back boxes and line them up first, then install the middle section into the back boxes, finally connect it up to the cat and tighten it all up, this worked well for me.

Here is a pic of mine, I love it :
CSC_5996.jpg

RS2'd Trophy
Heres a quick vid of mine running the RS192 with a silenced Decat.

[video]http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s233/civictitch/?action=view&current=500NoiseTest.mp4[/video]

Dodgy one
^^ That blue one sounds horrific, The black one sounds lovely though.

I take it there both the same just without the remap?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I have RS192 without Decat, sounds just right for me, my last car had a really loud exhaust which was a novelty for a fortnight then it starts to annoy on the daily commute or the unbearable drone at 70 on the motorway. I sold my last car 3 months after installing that exhaust. It also made me realise I'm 33 not 23.

If you use the cruise control it sounds quiet at motorway speeds, it sounds nice when giving it full throttle, not a loud chavvy noise at all, best to get someone else to drive it whilst you listen from the pavement.

This video helped me decide :

I was worried after reading on here how they can be tricky to fit, mine went on right first time. I read somewhere on cliosport.net to install the back boxes and line them up first, then install the middle section into the back boxes, finally connect it up to the cat and tighten it all up, this worked well for me.

Here is a pic of mine, I love it :
View attachment 79031

To me, that black one sounds so much better. I was tempted to get a decat and try that pops and bangs thing, but it would just do my head in and it sounds like the car should be doing burnouts in Macdonalds' car park!
Then again, like the guy earlier in this thread, I am 32 not 22.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Heres a quick vid of mine running the RS192 with a silenced Decat.

[video]http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s233/civictitch/?action=view&current=500NoiseTest.mp4[/video]

Same as me. Quiet ftw. Its the RS2 I want to listen to!

Link doesn't work btw :/

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If some of the videos here aren't 'chav loud' then I don't know what is tbh. That black 182 sounds spot on imo.

People driving on the wrong side of the road really pisses me off!! you may feel like a hero but you look like a fool.

He's cutting the corner which looks like it has perfect visability for a few hundred metres, you are wrong.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
My driving instructor always told me to take a more central road position on country lanes when there is a clear visible path :/

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just thought I would chip in my two penny worth with regard to the driving in the video.

Absolutely perfect line to take for stability. There is great lateral vision into the bend right and great vision into he the junction left on the bend.

Sometimes it pays to know what your talking about before having a dig.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
My driving instructor always told me to take a more central road position on country lanes when there is a clear visible path :/

This is true on straight piece of road. The middle is the safest place to be. However when going into a bend that you have good vision across to clearly see the exit and road ahead you should apex the bend to keep to vehicle as stable as possible.

derv biege barge
Nothing wrong with the driving in the video, just my opinion. Dr Jekyll is a hero driving with a pop bang exhaust like that. I'm Jealous really, just too loud for me cos mines my daily runner, I wouldn't want to pull up at work popping and banging right next to the managing director in his 2012 plate BMW X5, LOL.

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
hmm those pops and bangs would drive me nuts lol, I’m finding my single silenced exhaust is a little loud on long journeys gets a drone at 60’ but is fine at 80. I might have to put the cat back on and see if it makes a difference.
If not it might go up for sale and i will order a 192 version with the 2 silencers.

Now i have had a scorp on the williams for about 5 years and it sounds lovely, i have a mongoose on the dimma and thats just all out loud but it does sound nice :D

But using the 182 every day i need to find an exhaust which doesn't sound like im hammering it 24/7 lol

clio 182 sport
chaps ive bought a custom stainless system for my 182 its on the car am happy with it sounds just nice plus inm no youngster lol. no pics sorry my question is should all hangers on the exhaust use the same mounts like the original exhausts because mine looks like just brackets with the rubbers.there seems to be lots of movement on the tailpipes compared to standard cheers.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Put the cat back in, mines reasonably quiet when taking it steady with the cat in place.

Clio 182
Anyone got a video of the RS192 system with the cat still on? That's probably what I'll end up going for when my overly expensive Renault system has completely crumbled away.