ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scottish Motorsport Show Feb 24th *PICS*

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Went to this today, luckily the rain stayed off for most of the day.

There were 2 halls with various vintage rally cars (Colin & Jimmy's first rally cars) some new production cars and a few modified cars. There were not enough cars to be honest and you could walk around both arena's in 10-15 mins. The real reason people would go to this though is the Colin, Alister & Jimmy Mcrae connection.

I thought i would try and get as close to the barrier to get some pictures of Colin Mcrae in the RAGE buggy, bad idea, even though they have concrete walls to stop the spray of mud, this isnt enough. Mcrae fly's past and i look at my mate (he was covered in mud from the spray) i laughed. My humour was short lived as next time round i was sprayed all over my jacket + jean's. A few choice words were said about Mr Mcrae (b*strd!!)

There were lots on and i suppose something for everyone.

Russ Swift - with his usual mini show.
Mark Luney drifting - the arena was too small to see decent drifts.
MotoX bikes - doing some big air tricks and stunts
Lots of trade stands for bikes and cars.

To be honest if anybody is heading to this tomorrow, DONT wear any good clothes. Loads of muddy puddles, car park is a grassy bog, and watch out for flying wet dirt from Mr Mcrae, you have been warned!!

Also watch out for the traffic Police just before you come into Lanark, lots of nice people flashed their lights to warn me. ;)

This event would be better held in the summer.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=2095188105http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=2095188105

tiTTy & SV650
its organised by a motorcycle racer its not all about cars, its basically the first time this has been run and it's to compete with all the s**t like the scottish motorshow and ingleston bike show, this will only get better IMO.

Going tomorrow!