ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scottish Ring Trip 2010

Right, thought I'd start a thread to kick start it.

We've already got 3 or 4 interested people date dependent but more the merrier. I'll be taking a quieter car this year after last years noise test ;)

Last years blog here... (Almost a year ago exactly!)
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=367803

Rough costs from last year -

Ferry - £250 per person sharing a twin, both with a car.
Petrol - £250
Food/Lap/Hotel/Beer - £250

All in all a relatively expensive weekend but probably the best weekend I've had in a LONG time.

Thinking maybe April/May/June time?

Plan would be to get the ferry from Newcastle again as Rosyth is very expensive, or at least it was..

This is probably where we'll stay, seemed to be a good location last time.
The room was 75Euros per night for a twin room.

http://www.hotel-an-der-nordschleife.de/

Worth it for the view from the room alone!

DSC_0469.jpg

Car rental available here.. http://www.rsrnurburg.com/

I should be a rep TBH.

Tav

Clio 197
I gotta do it sometime, might as well be next year! Maybe I'll hold onto the Clio for a few more months before getting something boring. How many nights stay etc. are you planning? I'll get my student brain in gear as I'm pretty sure I could do it for less than £750...mind you I'll prob. use half as much fuel as you :p

Nice one Paul. Obviously we'll need to wait until the dates are posted up, but any dates or months that suit/dont suit, post them up

I gotta do it sometime, might as well be next year! Maybe I'll hold onto the Clio for a few more months before getting something boring. How many nights stay etc. are you planning? I'll get my student brain in gear as I'm pretty sure I could do it for less than £750...mind you I'll prob. use half as much fuel as you :p

Yeah the 182 would use maybe £150-200 I'd reckon. We had the TVR and V6 and don't think we were under 100 the whole way ;)

I'm up for any number of nights, weekdays or weekends..

Obviously car sharing would reduce costs further Tav.. Think its £375 for a room and one car, or £500 for a room and 2 cars.

Same for you Paul, not sure if you need a passenger etc.

Porsche Boxster987S
Obviously car sharing would reduce costs further Tav.. Think its £375 for a room and one car, or £500 for a room and 2 cars.

Same for you Paul, not sure if you need a passenger etc.

yea , ill take a passenger

Banana
I will put myself down as a maybe just now, as I have 2 american holidays booked for next year, but defo if I have the dosh.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yep, for sure i'm in! Will hopefully have something exotic by then next year!!!!

Group PM's FTL!

If you didnae get a PM it's either cos your a pikey forum user or your inbox is full o p**n fae Revels.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Thought he had an R8 now?

I'm game for this, although I'm a little confused on the pricing. £375 for a room and a car? Is that just for the ferry?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Petrol - £250

Rightho.
Ferry is over night, so i believe its including the bed.

Im up for this, clio needs finished first.

So for track novices as ive never done a track day, is it worth going to KH to practice some before hand?

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Petrol - £250

Rightho.
Ferry is over night, so i believe its including the bed.

Im up for this, clio needs finished first.

So for track novices as ive never done a track day, is it worth going to KH to practice some before hand?

I haven't either, but after a practice lap or two we'll probably be ok.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Hmm not sure...

Depends if i'm still in the UK or not.

wanna run away the gether?

tempted for a ring trip, costs seem fairly good.
Will watch with interest as end date may be the issue as id like to go to vegas next year, but we will see

:eek:

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
If I've still got it! Probably crawl
round it ;)

Yeah, return ferry including a bunk bed. Food is quite pricey on board.. £30 for a tiny steak

i got taken round the ring in a gallardo and he bottomed out most of the track lol espically in the carrcell (sp)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol. You don't need any preparation prior for going to the ring...Don't drive it like a hero...We're all there for the experience not to set lap times...Sure give it the beans but as per usual...Within your own limits.

Tav

Clio 197
I reckon my mate Stuart would be game, ok to ask him a long? Integra Type R on R888's would give me someone to keep up with lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
To be fair and not to put a negative tone to this trip already. We're never going to agree a date that will suit all... Look at this yr for example, never happened because there was dicking around. When we went, we did it properly. Looked when the track was opened. Found a date and booked there and then.

No pissing about with dates, hotels, money, travel. This will be a nightmare i can guarentee it!!

i'm in! ;)

Porsche Boxster987S
well im saying book for a date in on of the suggested months asap so theres no fuckin about with the whole ''i cant make it then'' pish. Book it asap and i can then take the time off work for that week so im guaranteed to be off.

I want to go. Ive been saying it since i joined here. Just dont know how to go about organising it all:eek:

What we'll do is, once the dates are online, I'll check my rota and pick 3 or 4 possible trips and take it from there.. The date won't suit everyone but unlike most, I can't take time off work..

Most folk seem to be quite flexible with holiday dates

well im saying book for a date in on of the suggested months asap so theres no f**kin about with the whole ''i cant make it then'' pish. Book it asap and i can then take the time off work for that week so im guaranteed to be off.

I want to go. Ive been saying it since i joined here. Just dont know how to go about organising it all:eek:

No point booking until we know when the track is open.

Also echo was Ali says, it's all about the experience.. We all want to go home in one piece..

tiTTy & SV650
I'll think about it, a lot of money for a weekend (1.5 mortgage payments! lol). I'd probably want to go as a passenger if I do though.

3 people could hire a 197 for 3 laps each for €160 each from that link Justin posted.

Last edited: