ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's road to Tricolore Trophy

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Where about are you based?

There's custom cages in Daventry, Northamptonshire.

Take the car there and they can fit it all, make custom cage you design or add extra bars to one of their designs or they can post you the cage to fit.

I used to work in the same business estate and their work is really good.

I think there's a group buy actually on the car parts for sale section they might be able to help!

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
I Have a friend who does welding for a living so he was going to do the fitting for us as my mate who is doing it need it positiong abit different behind the drivers seat.
We are based in Cheshire so that far for us @Chambers_RS
I will see if i can find the group buy though and if they are a decent price it may be worth it anyway

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I Have a friend who does welding for a living so he was going to do the fitting for us as my mate who is doing it need it positiong abit different behind the drivers seat.
We are based in Cheshire so that far for us @Chambers_RS
I will see if i can find the group buy though and if they are a decent price it may be worth it anyway

Yeah is abit far then lol

Look forward to seeing this progress tho :)

WRX
That's what I have Josh. The ends need a bit of cutting and adjusting to fit but once done is really nice. In hindsight though, I think I'd have had one off Mark Fish as the fitting would have been a lot quicker and easier. Also ask Tim Finch on FB as he is up north somewhere iirc

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
@Adam G thanks for the note, Like I said I think we are okay with the fitting I am currenlty running half a cage which is only bolted in, however my mate who does welding is very good so will get him weld/position and hopefully and a cheaper cost haha
Do you have a link or anything to view the Mark Fish one....? as I cant see to find them anywhere.

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
just rang the saftey devices... great chat with Mark after discount and getting the best possible cage for the championship look at around £1300 for 2. Suppose thats not bad.

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Hahah I can still get them abit cheaper + I have postage ontop of that so steady on...

focus RS/Clio 172
Abit of an update she's now moved to inside the unit!!!

Not as bad as I first thought a lot to do and long hours a head but will be worth it!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

focus RS/Clio 172
Update:

Only had an hour today to work on the car and so far it's plain sailing, who ever owned the car before decided to have there own quick release bumper..... 4 cable ties haha.

Next week my goal is to have the engine and inside all stripped out.

I'll post up spec later that I'm going for.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

focus RS/Clio 172
Quick update the engine and gear box has been removed today ready for it's over haul.

It'll be interesting once I strip the gearbox down to see what wear I have. It was starting to crunch into 3rd on the last few track days. Also well I'm there I need to decide on gearing for 5th gear and get my gripper diff ordered.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
No epas crap on mine! Cup racer style setup with electrically driven hydraulic pump and standard rack.
Russ

Out of interest What EHPS system have you fitted Russ? Was thinking about this earlier.... I'm not sold on the fully electric EPAS columns from the 1.2s, you never get full feedback from the road/tyres due to the torque transmitted back up the column gets dumbed down due to the gear ratio of the motor (even when you turn it off with the dial)

Think I'm going to start off with a standard column with no assist and go from there

focus RS/Clio 172
To be fair I like the feel of manual racks I know on tight circuits they can become a pain but when I used to have a go kart you just can't beat that feeling of sharp and responsive turn in!

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest What EHPS system have you fitted Russ? Was thinking about this earlier.... I'm not sold on the fully electric EPAS columns from the 1.2s, you never get full feedback from the road/tyres due to the torque transmitted back up the column gets dumbed down due to the gear ratio of the motor (even when you turn it off with the dial)

Think I'm going to start off with a standard column with no assist and go from there
Its effectively just a saxo/106 pump with custom lines. Very similar to what my old x65 cup racer ran, located in the same place under the off side scuttle.
Russ

focus RS/Clio 172
So today when I had a spare hour I managed to split engine and gear box and also strip down the top half of the engine.

One I removed the head I had a good look at the cylinder and can't get over how clean the bores are, I wiped my finger around them and not one bit of dirt or roughness!

Cleanest engine I've stripped down in a while.

Here what it looked like.

image.jpg

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Like I said in my message the other day mate, I'm going to be putting in an order with OMP for some bits I need around mid October, so if you want anything 30-35% off demon tweeks OMP prices let me know :smile: and i'll get it on as part of my order.