ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I suppose its having a HU with a face, just need to get used to it.

Cheers chaps. :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Looks abit qwerky. Atleast it's not like mine and a annoying bright blue display!

As I said, looks lovely this. Time and effort is worth it!

Take it this 172 will never see a track then after those mods?

Lovely stuff. Keep it up Scott - looks amazing. You about for the unit on the 10th? :)

Cheers chaps.

The more i look at it the more it looks ok.

I don't know Cub, hopefully ill be putting the cam belt stuff back together and getting it running. :D

Many.
I'm expecting a call from you during the week asking if I'm free Saturday? lol

I may be able to spare a couple of hours if required :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm having my first lesson on how to do F4R belts next week. Fed up of paying people! :D

(I'll see you in the wanted section the week after, once my engine has smashed the valves to bits...)

Many.
I'm having my first lesson on how to do F4R belts next week. Fed up of paying people! :D

(I'll see you in the wanted section the week after, once my engine has smashed the valves to bits...)

Have fun with that lol, Its not a job I enjoy doing, even though I've done loads.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have fun with that lol, Its not a job I enjoy doing, even though I've done loads.

The engine is out on a stand with no alternator on it. I'm not jumping in at the deep end that's for sure!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'm expecting a call from you during the week asking if I'm free Saturday? lol

I may be able to spare a couple of hours if required :)

This saves me the call, see you saturday.

Bacon smoked or un smoked?

Or Sausages? :D

Ill pop round and sort out the cam timing next week mate ;)

Thought you was popping in for a cuppa on Sat after your body building session. :eek:

I just spat tea all over my laptop!!

Cnut, answer your PM's X

Dan, once everything is locked up you've got to be some kind of numb skull dip s**t to mess it up.

Its not to bad, just check and check again.

The engine is out on a stand with no alternator on it. I'm not jumping in at the deep end that's for sure!

You will be fine dude. :)

My problem is that i have the Meg bottom pulley whaich has a key way, this means that i can not tension everything up and turn the belt over so it will cause a bit of messing about.

Im sure it ill be fine. :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Thought you was popping in for a cuppa on Sat after your body building session. :eek:

I did text you yesterday bruvva!

anu7unuz.jpg

Inferno 225 cup
As I said RE text matey, to much hassle.
Im going to hire a transit transporter and take it there myself.

Probably going to drag Sunglasses_Ron along for the ride.

Cheers though.

At long last mate.

Thank you. :)

On your way back call in son. ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

If I can get it booked in for 1st thing in the morning and Paul maps it with no problems then ill deffo come and see you on my way back.

I won't drive it home ill wack it back on the truck and drive it back with Dave.

Be good to see you again mate. :cool:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

If I can get it booked in for 1st thing in the morning and Paul maps it with no problems then ill deffo come and see you on my way back.

I won't be driving it home ill wack it back on the truck and drive it back with Dave.

Inferno 225 cup

I won't be driving it home ill wack it back on the truck and drive it back with Dave.

I finish at 2 mate so you might already he in your way back??

If not il get kettle on ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ok dude, ill give paul a call soon and get some date's.

Dont know if he work's Saturday's as that might be best.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If its getting done while you wait I might fly down for a nosey..

Yes mate I won't be leaving it there as ill be hiring a transit transporter to take it to Pauls.

Be good to see you again. :)

Part timer ;)

If you pop in to see Clarkey I'll try to head over, I only live up the road from him

He does work Saturdays. But the waiting time is generally longer.

Ok cheers mate, ill book a Thursday and Friday off work.

Ill try and get it done on a Thursday.

Be nice to meet you dude. :)

Looking forward to seeing what it can do, just a shame its taking a long time but the time will come and you will enjoy every minute of it.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
scott,i'm dying to see this car in person.....i may have to tag along with someone for a gander one day

Alex is coming over Saturday morning around 10.30, feel free to come along.

Looking forward to seeing what it can do, just a shame its taking a long time but the time will come and you will enjoy every minute of it.

Its been pissing me off mate, ill up date tomo night.

Things will be moving forward over the weekend. :)