ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Re: My PH1 172

I also have Spax coilovers which don't seem to drop it low enough at the front.

Really? mines plenty low enough and i still have a way to go (on spax) running 1.5' camber mine looks like this. Probably got another 15mm of thread on the front still
null-1992.jpg

Just realised it doesnt look low on that photo! theres 40mm between splitter and the floor on flat surface

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Maybe mine is low enough as its on the lowest setting, maybe its me wanting it lower...lol

I think after all these year's of having the wheels sitting in then seeing them out is a bit of a shock.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377204238628.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377204238628.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 105
  V6 255, 172's, JCW,

So ive been thinking for a while about buying a plate for the car but did not know what i wanted.
As i don't have a middle name it makes it a little harder, so i thought id try and get something about the car.

The stuff with TOY, WOW, OCD etc... had all gone.

After going to CSS i saw a V6 225 with the reg V6 RUK, went to bed on the sunday night thinking about it, got up the next morning and put the reg i wanted into the DVLA site and boom there it was.
Im over the moon and it suits the car so well..:D

fimp3XPWWV.jpg

​Hahaha.. Love it..! I probably should have jumped on that for my own ph1 lol..
I'm flattered you took some inspiration from V6 RUK at CSS dude :D Pics of the cars would seem obligatory! :approve:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Cheers matey, it looked cracking on your V. :D
Its just the right number to own, finishes the cars off I think.
I would never of thought of it if I hadn't of seen it on yours. ;)

I should be going to the next Ace cafe meet with Steve R sports, if your there then a few picts of them both will be great. :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I have ordered some 20mm ones from Dan so I can see what looks best.

I also hate seeing the big spacer through the wheel.

Oh Rob we need to take some proper picts of this car. Love to get it in the CS calender. :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Right so after trying the 25mm spacers on i just could not get on with it. Couldn't deal with seeing it through my wheel and it just seem to be to far spaced for my liking.

So i have now bought and fitted the 20mm ones that Dan @ M.A.D sells, i placed my order on Thursday afternoon and they arrived 1st thing on Friday morning. Cracking service. :)

20130823_172054_zps39fa7413.jpg

20130823_173641_zps273ebb97.jpg

20130823_173657_zps7fd36d4e.jpg

I am very happy with the way the car sits, but still want it a little lower on the front, and while the wheels where off i thought id give them a quick clean. Good to see that the 2 coats of AF Soul is still doing its job (i was shocked tbh)

20130823_185408_zps9fb37125.jpg

20130823_192211_zps2d8fe36a.jpg

20130823_192820_zps21831853.jpg

20130824_134137_zpse60a2739.jpg

Have not had a chance to drive it yet as its raining but it should be fine. :)

This came up for sale the other week, so i bought it as part of the engine mods i intend to do over the winter months as the car will be off of the road.

20130821_204403_zpsf17b6801.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

Looks perfect now mate, I need to get a set myself. Your wheels are mint! Think we r both looking at same engine mods, 421's yeah? I enquired at ktec they aren't in stock and take about 4 weeks from ordering

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I might try using AF Soul on my rims when I take them off next. Seems like decent durability considering. Did you just put the one layer on?

Yeah i was shocked tbh, i bought AF illusion for the car as i wasn't to keen on the Soul.

I gave them two coats, applied the 1st and left it for 20 mins or so, then buffed it off. Applied the 2nd and left it for about the same time. Seems to have worked.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

At last. :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377467606149.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377467606149.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 90

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Looks perfect now mate, I need to get a set myself. Your wheels are mint! Think we r both looking at same engine mods, 421's yeah? I enquired at ktec they aren't in stock and take about 4 weeks from ordering

Yes mate, my spec will be.

ARP rod bolts.
ALD ported head with Supertec valves.
182 exhaust manifold and de-cat.
421`s
Engine bay bits powder coated.

Then a re-map, would like to go to Paul @ RS tuning but its way to far so im thinking about Mike Woodford @ MST.

Once my pockets recover, i want to get Jenvey TB and the Gen 90 ECU as Ktec are selling a loom so its just plug and play.

I ve just bought another alloy bonnet so if i decide to sell the car i can convert it back to standard easy enough. :D

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Come & have a drive on mine sometime- Its a laugh a minute!

S

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Cheers for the offer mate.

I will be taking you up on it, let me know when your about. :)

Looking fantastic as ever Scott, good choice on the 20mm spacers that's what I'm using. 25mm don't work IMO.

Looks like you have the dreaded little dent in the drivers door post that every Clio gets lol.

Really like the private plate such a nice touch.