ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Re: My PH1 172

Car looked good at CSS mate,
I was parked a couple of cars down from you on the right!

Cheers dude, think i saw your car but tbh i spent most of CSS looking at planes...:)

Just seen this mate, car looks great, I am on the look out for a Phase 1, just hope I can find one as good. Don't worry about being 37 mate, I am 40 and probably look silly driving mine, but do I care NO, my mates who have driven my car fully understand the love for these little cars. Really wish I had of seen the car at Css.

Thanks Dom, yeah i love it.

I want this car in my life :( Such a credit to you mate! Very jealous, THE perfect Ph1.

I was going to ask how much the handles were, my driver's one is cracked so will replace both. Will be phoning on Adam friday to order along with a coil pack and leads!

Good stuff, there are a few things i still want to do. Thanks for the comments :)

F*ck off Dom are you 40?! Looking good for your age!

​So much love for this ph1. What's next to change Scott?

I have bought a number for it...:D

My pockets hurt a bit at the moment mate, next thing is spacers 10mm on the rear with -1 and maybe 15mm on the front. Oh and getting my spare set of F1s sorted as you know im not happy with mine.
Id like Wilwoods brakes, Schrick cams and a re-map.
Few bits in the engine bay to be powder coated.
I might change the Spax coilovers for KW V2s (not high on the list though)
After seeing the SC cars at CSS id love one, but i can not justify the 10k to do it right

I think its safe to assume this is the best condition titanium phase 1 on the forum.

Thanks mate. :eek:

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

Looks stunning as ever, polishes up so well, I need to spend a day on mine claying/polishing/waxing. I'm looking at cams too, cost wise most probably 421's or 438's, won't be until next year when the belts are due.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Looks stunning as ever, polishes up so well, I need to spend a day on mine claying/polishing/waxing. I'm looking at cams too, cost wise most probably 421's or 438's, won't be until next year when the belts are due.

Thanks mate, whats the difference between the two cams?
I dont use my car as a daily so if the car runs a bit lumpy its not such a problem.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Really disappointed with myself that I didn't get to say hello and see your car at CSS Scott.. Hope to see you at another event sometime soon.

​Shaun

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Talk to Danny at 519/Fred at BTM regarding cams. You'll become wise, or bored, but either way you'll be better informed ;)

Considered trying to get hold of a bargain second hand ITB setup?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Talk to Danny at 519/Fred at BTM regarding cams. You'll become wise, or bored, but either way you'll be better informed ;)

Cheers mate I will, but remember they are sale's men. :)
It will be nice to go out in a car and chat with someone who's already got a set fitted
You know what a anal dick I am, the thought of cutting my bonnet to fit pins brings me out in a cold sweat...lol
But yeah id love ITBs.

Maybe ill buy another alloy bonnet if one comes up. ..:D

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Lol at the thought of Scott cutting bits and pieces! Obviously you can get the smaller trumpets etc but that's just a waste of time.

Get cams and a decent map IMO.

i'd go for the later on the wise or bored rob well with mr hopkins at least ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Scott if you come to the squadron on Sunday have a chat with Kyle. He's running 438s and I'm sure he won't mind you having a go to see.

Sorry dude wont be along this time, maybe at the next meet ill have a chat with him...:)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Really disappointed with myself that I didn't get to say hello and see your car at CSS Scott.. Hope to see you at another event sometime soon.

​Shaun

Cheers Shaun, i didn't get much time to look at car as i spent most looking at the planes.

The time flew so fast, next thing i knew everyone was leaving and the lot i was with headed off to the campsite, yes mate i still want to see your V. :)

Love this car.

This and clarkey's have me trawling the ads!

Any luck mate, is there may PH1s out there??

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

So ive been thinking for a while about buying a plate for the car but did not know what i wanted.
As i don't have a middle name it makes it a little harder, so i thought id try and get something about the car.

The stuff with TOY, WOW, OCD etc... had all gone.

After going to CSS i saw a V6 225 with the reg V6 RUK, went to bed on the sunday night thinking about it, got up the next morning and put the reg i wanted into the DVLA site and boom there it was.
Im over the moon and it suits the car so well..:D

fimp3XPWWV.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I love this car so much. It's perfect!

Cheers dude. :approve:

Well nothings been done to the car apart from ive had my new reg number plates made by Fancy Plates.

They have messed up the front plate spacing but another plate is going to be sent. :)

20130707_175056_zpsb0c9a0de.jpg

20130707_175021_zps769bcd14.jpg

Looking at that size, you should shorten the front plate to like 480-490mm IMO. Will suit the lettering more so.
Awesome plate, awesome car. What's next?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

So at last i have bitten the bullet and bought some wheel spacers, i got the 10 mm - 1 from Dan @ M.A.D.

I also ordered 20 mm FK for the fronts from Venom Motorsport as i thought they where a bit cheaper than Dans, but after waiting for 3 weeks i contacted Venom to be told that they still haven't got them in.
They said they do have the 25 mm on the shelf and could be sent out to me on Monday, so this is what i have got.

Once i get time to fit them and if i feel that they stick out a bit to much then i can take them to work and machine them down a bit.

Spacers from Dan, complete with S/steel fixings.

20130817_142715_zps385ac8b9.jpg

Fitted the rear spacers at the weekend, one of the jobs i want to do over the winter months is to remove and strip the rear beam and get everything powdered coated in black.

20130817_142833_zps2854339f.jpg

20130817_145955_zps9d7558cb.jpg

20130817_165535_zps3a51c2d7.jpg

20130820_194624_zps01b0a8f4.gif

20130820_194552_zpsaa7df307.gif

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

Tempted by front spacers myself, I'm thinking 20mm. Will be good to see how yours looks with the 25mm

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I had FK 25mm on my car a while ago when it was lowered on Eibach Sportlines but as it didn't sit low enough it looked odd, so i sold them...lol

I will fit the 25 and take a few picts mate, then i will properly get them turned down at work to 20mm. :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Oh another thing i bought was new badges, but just my luck the side ones Renault only do is sliver....FFS

These have been sent back.

IMAG1960_zps1d213a13.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

Iv got 2 sets of ph1 side strips in my garage, ill check to see if the badges are mint and let u know

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I think if my side strip s where painted sliver then it might look ok mate.

I did hold them up against the car and tbh they stood out as looking a bit odd.

Gutted as the correct ones can no longer be bought from Renault. :(

RenaultSport 172

Looking fwd to pics with the spacers on

Was it an easy job fitting the rears? I now have the same ones to fit

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Yes mate the rears where easy.
I put the 25mm fronts on last night just to check but in my eyes it still looks to much even with my car on coilovers.

Ive brought them to work as I thought I could turn them down by 5mm to 20mm but this is not that easy.

Going to call Venom to try and send them back and ill order the 20mm from Dan.