ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
A few more pictures from today.

Started to go over the paint with my DA and the AF 3 stage polishing kit that they sell.

After that then i have been using AF tough prep then tough coat. Once that's done then the car will be getting a coat of Carbon wax. :D

Water beading after AF polishing. :cool:

14637678862_374eaf0537_b.jpg
030 by scottieraven, on Flickr

14460579789_c895efd622_b.png

by scottieraven, on Flickr

14646763732_921aa602b5_b.jpg
014 by scottieraven, on Flickr

14646743402_84b78c6012_b.jpg
022 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Stunning motor mate, I can only dream of mine being that tidy!

Love the RS badge, that's next on the shopping list for mine :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Ay up it's MINT ( no northern accents ;) )

seriously cannot get on with the 3 stage AF kit, to dusty and not enough work time for my like'n
saying that, my dci being resprayed is allot harder than standard paint.

cant but help thinking black turret top covers will finish it off ! :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thank you chaps for the comments. :)

So, ive finished giving the front end its coat of AF Tough coat and and nice wax up with Carbon. Looks amazing in the sunshine. :D

Took a quick few shots of the car, they haven't come out that well but you get the idea. :eek:

14477472499_4d62ba2dfe_b.jpg
032 by scottieraven, on Flickr

14641153446_d39e810b8d_b.jpg
030 by scottieraven, on Flickr

14661917774_bb689cbbf9_b.jpg
014 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Many.
Need to see this now its actually back on the road.

Would look awesome with some nice shiney calipers under those wheels ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Need to see this now its actually back on the road.

Would look awesome with some nice shiney calipers under those wheels ;)
Don't think I could have sliver alloy calipers dude, the brake dust would drive me mental.

I'll probably end up buying the 295mm Wilwood kit with the 2 peice disc's that Jam sport sell.

But I will look into what other kits Hi Spec sell when I've got some more cash.

It's lovely mate, looking forward to getting them together!

If the weather's like it is today then it will be great matey. :cool:

How you finding the bilsteins?
I love them mate, perfect set up for the road and a quality bit of kit. :)

Sunday....? North Weald ?

Only if it's not raining or the roads arnt wet. :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thanks Martin, tbh ive never been happy with the wheel's, they are dry in place's.
They also have a few chips/mark's in them now.

They where done about 3 years ago by Spit & Polish. I have another set which ill be getting done before CSS.

I think I'll be using JP polishing in Essex or BJV but ill look into it when I've got some spare time. :)

Thanks Martin, tbh ive never been happy with the wheel's, they are dry in place's.
They also have a few chips/mark's in them now.

They where done about 3 years ago by Spit & Polish. I have another set which ill be getting done before CSS.

I think I'll be using JP polishing in Essex or BJV but ill look into it when I've got some spare time. :)

They look like they've literally just been done!!

Had some done at S&P myself. Came out very nicely. Never had wheels powdercoated before this though, so was surprised when I saw the 'machine resting' marks on the inside of the wheel and had to confirm with Kelv if it was normal or not lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
BJV - Thats the other place i was thinking of when you was on the phone to you but couldn't remember the name :eek:

Looking at yours makes me want to lower mine on the front slightly.

Just be wary with the Wilwood kit Scott as it does discolour over time to a slightly purple colour.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
BJV - Thats the other place i was thinking of when you was on the phone to you but couldn't remember the name :eek:

Looking at yours makes me want to lower mine on the front slightly.

Just be wary with the Wilwood kit Scott as it does discolour over time to a slightly purple colour.

Yes I know mate, ill look into it when im ready.
That doesn't bother me to much if im honest, it's seeing them dirty that does. :rolleyes:

Bloody love this car. Out of interest, how much would someone have to offer to make you part with it?

It would have to be a bloody big offer mate.

It's not about the money but my time over the year's (almost 5) of owning it that ive put into the car, it's part of the family.

I couldn't just sell it to anyone, the new owner would have to be vetted. Lol :)

Tbh ive spent thousands on it over the last 6 month's so I need to get some enjoyment out of it first before I would even consider selling it.

Also if I was to sell it then what would I buy next, whatever it was would probably mean me getting a bank load/finance which for a "toy" and something that only gets used for 3k miles per year seems pointless.

Although saying that id like a scooby, something bigger with boost that we could all go out in as a family alot easier that all being squashed in the Clio. :)

Can't separate man from his hobby.

It would be a sad day if the time comes.

Everything's got a price ;)

Yes I guess it has mate, but not if the owner doesn't need the money so much.

I'm far to attached to the car to let it go just yet. :rolleyes:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So after being caught out in the rain a few times i thought id take the wheels off to give the arches a clean.
I also need to fit the ABS cable brackets.

1st up was to give the arch a wash down with AF Verso then i gave the calipers a going over with Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels.

14710273062_2cb1947d83_b.jpg
001 by scottieraven, on Flickr

14523903539_3c4c237be5_b.jpg
005 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Lots better.

14707390091_5204a82f0f_b.jpg
008 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Next up was the wheels, again AF verso and a soft brush. Once dry i gave them a coat of AF Mint rims inside and out.

14687562136_d73e319121_b.jpg
011 by scottieraven, on Flickr

14708162294_0a60e26c72_b.jpg
012 by scottieraven, on Flickr

14710551075_1949d0abbc_b.jpg
015 by scottieraven, on Flickr

14523891438_b801951dfc_b.jpg
023 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Bracket and new bolt fitted.

14710540125_47fcf92a60_b.jpg
026 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The longer bolt is my camber adjustable bolt as the bilsteins don't have a slot for the adjustment.
The lower bolt is a standard Renault one.

Spacers are H&R 20mm mate, 25mm just seems to much as I still want a little bit of wheel tuck. :cool:

Oh I couldn't see the lower bolt in your pic :)

I thought camber bolts were meant to go on the lower fixing.

Looking very nice and tidy under there though!!

Silver calipers and wheels cleaned up lovely too.

The stance looks perfect on yours. I'm thinking 25mm (which is what's needed for the Brembo kits) would be tooooo much. H&R all the way though.