ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratch on the clio :(

Earlier I was outside checking my car over for its MOT I was just about to start the car and drive off and then bang a little girl on her bike hit the rear quater panel.

Anyway after speaking to the dad he is willing to pay some/all of the bill, I just need to go and get a quote, seeing as I won't be able to get a quote tomorrow because of bank holiday, can anyone on her give me a rough estimate?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Paint the rear quarter and fuel cap, blend into front door (you can't edge to edge silver really) you're looking at a big bill!!

Have you tried wetsanding on it?

IMO, silver very rarely looks right once its been painted. I'd be doing everything I could to avoid getting it painted.

I'm planning on taking into the bodyshop to surely they would decide whether I should be asking for a repsray or for it to be sanded and detailed?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm planning on taking into the bodyshop to surely they would decide whether I should be asking for a repsray or for it to be sanded and detailed?

Sadly my friend, unless its someone you know, they will do whatever earns them the most money.

Missed me Bristol?

Not been about much, lost a lot of love for the clio. Costing an arm and a leg to keep it running at the minute.

Missed you loads. Especially pictures of you and that bloody forklift/trolley jack of yours! ;)

S4 Avant
I assumed something like this but, if worst comes to worst surely a halfords touch up pen could correct it? :(

Avoid like the plague. You'll just replaced the scratch with a raised mound of paint, or watered down glitter.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I assumed something like this but, if worst comes to worst surely a halfords touch up pen could correct it? :(

Exactly. That's why i'd ask someone (a good detailer!) who knows what they're doing. If you or I did it, it would look horrific!

pimp mobile Zafira
That looks like it will polish out with a rotary. Any one near you who has a rotary polisher and could have a go.

inferno 182.
you wont need to blend the door as its far enough back to keep it in the quarter panel! it may flat and polish???touch up stick is a big no no as silver tends to dry dark so will look worse than the scratch! your prob looking at £200-£300.
Paint the rear quarter and fuel cap, blend into front door (you can't edge to edge silver really) you're looking at a big bill!!

Have you tried wetsanding on it?

IMO, silver very rarely looks right once its been painted. I'd be doing everything I could to avoid getting it painted.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry I missed this, autoglym super resin polish

Right.

There's your problem.

That's not a polish.

No, really. It's not.

Get some Scratch-X from Halfords or find someone nearby with a rotary/DA and they'll sort it for you.

I would, but I'm a 250 mile round trip for you ;) Am free tomorrow afternoon if you fancy the trip however haha !

If the worst comes to the worst and you need it painted, you'll only need the quarter done at least. It's not close enough to the door to require blending.

Clio Mk2 DCI 68
Best over reaction to a scratch thread I have seen. No need for paint, just need someone who has the right cutting compound and a bit of skill to get rid of that, no worries. Hope you got your MOT by the way.