ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

seat handle, warranty covered

Got home from work tonight to find that the drivers side handle wont work and i can move my seat forward to get people in the back. just had the car over a week. very anoying. it isnt new but is still under the three year warranty. just wondering if anyone knew whether this would be covered or not.

Cheers

Chris

BMW X5

My car is an 02 reg and its going in nxt thursday to have this sorted.

I first took it to a big main dealer and they said not covered. Then took it to a small outta town one and they said yes and booked me in straight away!

I think it should be, but theyll want to charge u the original £80 at first unless they can prove its a warranty-able breakage.

Dave

P.s. woteva u do dont pull cause itll snap.

Also if u need to pull seat forward...run yr hand down the back of the seat and find wot feels like a bar. If u pull this up thru the seat cover the door will pop forward like uv pulled the handle.

Dave

cheers for the info. what will they do to prove the warranty able breakage?

i was going to take it to quite a large dealer in sunderlad near where i live. reg vardy its called. think thats a good idea?

[Edited by Chris3125 on 17 February 2005 at 11:31pm]

BMW X5

Well when i took mine in the guy wanted to know the year and mileage (mine was 02 and 35K)that it had done and he looked it up on a computer and said yes ok thats covered.

If i were u jus try and say that it really shouldnt break within a few years of having it and kick up a fuss if they say no.

If still no luck go to another dealer and try again, it cant hurt to try.

Good luck mate, Renault can be absolute t**sers if they want tho.

Dave

cheers man. cars only done 15k and is less than 2 years old so fingers crossed. might wait until the weekend and go with me dad. hell sort the f**kers out. doesnt stand for any sh*t and they will probably listen to him more as im only 19 and will just laugh at me lol.

BMW X5

Very tru....doesnt matter who u are, but age is still one of the biggest factors that influences how people treat u.

Welcome to the club mate,

Dave