ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SEAT Leon Cupra K1

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Hi guy's and girl's,

Well as some of you know im starting to really get the hang of correcting paintwork and making cars look better than new. Anyway my dads own the car for 3 years now and I've never got my hands on it apart from the occational full clean, so on Friday my dad took the day off so i could give the car a proper going over outside and inside (not that the insides ever dirty). Theres also part's of the car that really bug me like the rear bumper which as you'll find out, the paintwork was flat inside the reg plate recess which is obviously a poor finish from the factory and the fact the front bumper has Venture sheild on it so i didnt know what to do about it as that's covered in swirl's but its plastic (HELP).

So as for products i used the list follows;

Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
Super Snow Foam
Megz Gold Class
Megz Last Touch
Megz Clay Bar
Auto Glym SRP (for wheels)
Menzerna Polish
Sonus Pads
Collinite 915
Megz Carpet and Interior Cleaner
Megz High Gloss Tyre Gel
Rain-x Window Cleaner
Auto-sol (exhaust)

I think thats everything.

Anyway I started at 8:45 Friday morning with the wheels followed by a good foaming.

71c9daa7.jpg

Then i used a detailing brush for all the difficult bits you cant do properly with a mitt e.g. badges and pannel gaps.

Rinsed and then came the actual wash, Two bucket as always with warm water.

c6546066.jpg

Then I dryed the car off, the car looked great.

b7a503e7.jpg

7313d697.jpg

b3867a91.jpg

07efe608.jpg

Notice how flat the paint work is on the bumper.

Anyway from here I clayed the car to remove the road film from the last 3 years lol, Minging.

3a7a307a.jpg

Thats only the passenger door!... The drivers door was far worse.

Anyway while i masked the trims n plastics my dad couldnt resist getting involved, but without letting me know what he was doing...

31f05dba.jpg

So while id been in the Lav he'd started Polishing his wheels and dressing them. "Dad you do that stuff last!" LOL.

d49941f2.jpg

cd864287.jpg

Reminds me of TRON.

Sadly i dont have any pictures of me actually Polishing the car or any before and afters apart from that bloody woaful rear bumper.

Before
86493051.jpg

After
633e18bf.jpg

Anyway I finished the outside by 5:30 that afternoon and called it a Day till Saturday morning where I gave the interior a go over. To be honest the interior didnt look much different apart from the mats were minus some stones LOL.

So here are some pictures i took on Saturday.

_MG_2355.jpg

_MG_2357.jpg

_MG_2358.jpg

_MG_2360.jpg

_MG_2361.jpg

_MG_2366.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

Comments, Hints and Tips Always Welcome as im always learning.

Mike

P.S. Sorry about the quality of the pic's half were from my iPhone and the rest my canon.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate, can't believe how good it looked after washing it! Pictures never tell the whole story!

Thanks for posting it up, car is a cracker. Maybe a more in depth write up next time mate if you have time?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Thanks guys, gally im crap at right ups but when i do my next car ill do a full write up. But my next car could possibly be either an M3 or 911 so should be good.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Should be good mate, i've got a couple coming up in Feb/March. My bosses red 997 turbo and a friends mk2 FRS.

Just finding the time to do them is hard.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Skills mate, it's come up fantastically. My car's in desperate need of some PC'ing!

Mini Cooper S
Perhaps he should charge you for all the clothes and food he bought you over the years.

That Leon, looks gorgeous and you did a great job on it too! Bet that is one rapid car.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Perhaps he should charge you for all the clothes and food he bought you over the years.

That Leon, looks gorgeous and you did a great job on it too! Bet that is one rapid car.

LOL, sod charging him i love doing it and ive wanted to do the car for ages so its a treat so to speak ha ha ha but he did say he'd see me rite which ive told him not to bother.

Yea its pretty quick, its had a few bits and is aparently good for 308hp as others with the same car and mods are abround that mark 307-310.

Honda & VW
Good work buddy, lovely car - very much like them K1's.

Bit baffled by your taping up on the front end though unless i can assume the grill is painted?

200 Gordini
Stunning car, wish my dad had taste lol.

Bit baffled by your taping up on the front end though unless i can assume the grill is painted?

It's so he doesn't machine something he has already corrected or is going to correct.

200 Gordini
Stunning car, wish my dad had taste lol.

It's so he doesn't machine something he has already corrected or is going to correct.

Honda & VW

I fully understand the requirement for tape but thanks for reiterating it, What i meant was the tape is not at the top of the grill as expected?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I fully understand the requirement for tape but thanks for reiterating it, What i meant was the tape is not at the top of the grill as expected?

Lol i know what you mean about the tape its wierd with the grill, the inside isnt painted but the edge around it is once it was in the garage i taped the bottom up, if you notice in the pics where its taped up i hadnt done the arms on the mirrors aswell. But thanks for the comments guys.

Oh yea john his lights are stupidly bright lol

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Good work, always liked the K1's... the reg doesnt bring up the right car though :S Just tried it at work to see what power they have :approve:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Good work, always liked the K1's... the reg doesnt bring up the right car though :S Just tried it at work to see what power they have :approve:

Hmmm thats a strange one.

K1's are just a std Cupra with a body kit ;)

And about 240bhp standard iirc.

Book says 240bhp but thats been proven wrong by a fella having his RR'd from the showroom and that was 258bhp average so about the same as an S3 plus the VAG group wont want people buying the cheapest variant of the 3 cars that share the same engine n other bits.

Good work young Padawan ;)

Top notch Mikey, you should be proud of your work fella!

Thanks jamie means alot to get prase from people who are very skilled in tbis field.

172 RS Ph1
Nice job!

One thing: remove your finger ring before working on the car's paint surface.. damage is done easily!

keep up the good work + writeups :)

Nimbus Megane R26
looks ace that mate. You will have to do mine in the spring, needs a properly good going over lol :(