ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Security dilemma...

A black one

OK so Ive got a pile of cash here next to me (well a credit card ;) ). What do I do with it?

Do I :

Buy Clifford concept 650 alarm with dual zone proximity sensor - £420

Get security tinting fitted to the front windows to make them more secure - £200. Secures the car but if the windows ever get broken, I will need to pay for security tinting again to the new windows.

Get the windows tinted so that potential thiefs cant see into the car as well - £200 - also makes the car look cool (in some peoples opinion) - or does attract potential thieves more than deter them?

Total: £820

OR do I :

Not get anything, put £820 in the bank, and run the risk that if the car gets broken into & the stereo equipment stolen - I can use the money I saved on security to buy new stereo equipment.

Decisions, decisions... :confused:

Neither, id go for clifford intelliguard 950.......£549.....save hassle on window film n just get top b****cks alarm....

A black one

But it doesnt do that much extra does it? Just the extra sensors which you dont really need as its got the proximity one on the 650, + the anti carjacking feature - but whos likely to carjack a 1.2 clio!??

Or are there any other features I dont know about?

I have the 650 and paid £430 for the standard plus the window closure, nice touch! Well chuffed wid it, not had any troubles with it, now that its finally set up.

Your right, the other features it does have your probably not bothered about. It has tilt/motion sensor, prox sensor and glass break, as well as black jax 5. The other features are more for upgrades at later dates, ie its got more channel outputs if you want to integrate any of the audio system thru the alarm, ie turning stereo/neons etc on without the key in the ignition so no thieving chavs can steel it.....full on board locking which only applies to cars like fords which have funny CDL......extra sensor outputs for adding the omni sensor to it..

the 650p is a fantastic alarm, dont get me wrong, we fit loads of em, it all depends whether your gonna want to add other things later on. If so it would just work out more expensive in the long run..........