ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Security tip

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Due to the amount of cars being knicked at the moment especially ones were theyve broke into your house and knicked your keys , heres a tip which will have the cars thieves scratchin there heads and will end up leaving your car were it is. Its very simple and takes 20 seconds.

When youve parked your car up for the night lift up the drivers side rear seat - this gives you access to a circular black cover - lift this up and you will then see your fuel pump - disconnect the wire going to it - refit the grommet and put your seat back down.

This will immobilise your car 100% guaranteed - i know of 2 cars that were nearly stolen and the owners had done this - the thieves fled after 2 minutes of continuosly trying to start the car but failing

This could do with being a permanent sticky post

Last edited:
  FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
My knowledge of car ignition systems is... "limited" ... but could you not just slap a switch in the ignition cable, root it somewhere bizzare and hidden. (under the center console...it pulls out in MK1s) and then just flick this switch whenever you leave ur car.

As I say, it takes longer to "install" than the previous method...and my car knowledge is limited, but... should work?!

I'm guessing it'd have to be put in the right place in the circuit to prevent it being by-passed by "hot-wiring" (...I also know nothing about stealing cars...which is good..! )

-Akira

Just take out the engine fuse! I used to do that sometimes.

I guess the advantage of the petrol pump jobby is that it's quite an unusual idea, and the car will turn over, but not start.

Whereas if the ignition is disabled so that nothing happens why you turn the key, they will know you have done something and come back in to beat the sh.. out of you until you tell them what you've done.

A4 Avant & A3
One of my old cars had a little hidden switch that disconnected the Fuel pump.. (just a shame the previous owner didn't tell me what the hidden switch was for, before i had the immobiliser ripped out when it wouldn't start!!! god knows how i switched it??)

also you could get a little 8/10mm spanner and tap the inertia switch on the side. you can feel the switch underneath the red rubber when its 'switched off'

that will cut off the supply to the fuel pump.

then in the morning you just press the switch to reset it.

1.2 16v clio
put it this way if sum1 wants ur car they will take it if they are professional but if they arent then they are likely 2 b lil chav masters who cant read let alone no how 2 use computers so it doesnt matter if they see this

Clio 1.2 16 - 2003
Good tip,

unfortunatley by the time the little chavmasters are in your car most of the damage is already done... by which time i would prefer they take it....

Silver 182 F/F
GuyS said:
also you could get a little 8/10mm spanner and tap the inertia switch on the side. you can feel the switch underneath the red rubber when its 'switched off'

that will cut off the supply to the fuel pump.

then in the morning you just press the switch to reset it.

When i got my 182 nicked,they took my wifes TF keys but not the car and this is what we got advised to do by the AA with the TF untill we could sort new locks,the good thing about doing this is also because the switch is for when the car is in a accident it cuts the fuels supply,and sets all the hazzrad light flashing hopefully drawing attention to the would be thiefs if they treid to start it.Also doesn't show as anything dissconected just incase the theif looks for the fuel pump trick.

Hell you could do all the above.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Although if someone really wants your car they'll take it, low loader is the best way :)

1998 BMW e46 323i
where's the inertia switch exactly?

I had an old Rover 214 (k-series engine, so don't mock). the switch was behind the stereo, esily reached. A little too easily reached

C

Cupster

I do this often:

Handbrake (derrrrr)
Steering lock/disklock
Leave in gear
turn wheels on lock
disconnect the fuel pump under seat

Agreed doesn't stop someone but makes it as difficult as poss?!

M

mij29

my mate used to take the fuse out of the fuse box to the fuel injection system when ever he parked anywhere. That should fook em up a for a bit!

from Trophy 2 work van :(
I just leave my rottweiler in the back seats on some plastic sheets, hasn't been broken into yet so old tyson must must be doing a good job!! :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
my 205 gti used to do this for me! wat a reliable car that was. take it from me, when ur fuel relay (could also do it this way) is disconnected or fuel pump ur car aint goin nowhere! bl00dy peugeots!!!!!! :(

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
KingTrophy said:
I just leave my rottweiler in the back seats on some plastic sheets,
hasn't been broken into yet so old tyson must must be doing a good job!! :)

I know a lad that did this in his works van to stop people robbin his tools. came back one morning and theyd robbed his dog too!! choked!

from Trophy 2 work van :(
ballbag04 said:
I know a lad that did this in his works van to stop people robbin his tools. came back one morning and theyd robbed his dog too!! choked!

:eek: Bloody nora!!!! Poor old mut!! What breed was he??

Tyson has had metal teeth transplants and also has contact lenses that glow red so hopefully they won't try and steal him!!!!

Thinking about mounting a heat seeking laser on to his back, what do you think?? :coffee:

Last edited:
  1.2 16v Dynamique
Since mine got nicked I've installed a massive security light directly under my bedroom window, and I've already got my shotgun licence...