ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

seized coilovers - HELP!!!!

More poke than viagr
Been wanting to adjust my front coilovers for a while now but everytime i try i just cannot get them to move! I put all of my weight into turning them but what ever i do they just will not budge. Ive tried soaking them in WD40 but thtat had no effect lol.

Also tried wire brushing the threads, obviously underneath the spinny bit (completely forgot name lol!!:eek:)

Any ideas would be very very very appreciated!!

More poke than viagr
well me, my best mate (who also has same problem ironicly lol) and my old man have all had a go at it but with no sucess :dapprove:

Going to have another go when i get chance. All this trouble for couple of mm lol :dapprove:

alien green rs133
although if your stuck you could try a hair dryer first, leave it on flat out while you go and have a cuppa :rasp:

RB 182 cup
i would soak them for a week in wd40 the tap them round with a hammer and punch

sod using the c spanner, dont know how many times ive slipped off and fooked my knuckles

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Heat + oil/gas dampers spells trouble to me! Remember they have rubber seals in the dampers too! Get them off the car, big pipe on the end of the C spanner with the unit in the vice. Much better idea!

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Once they can be moved, may be worth checking the threads inside haven't been damaged.

I removed a set from a car and the adjustor platforms had severly corroded after being siezed.

Dodgy one
Get them off, boil the kettle douse em in duck oil at the same time scrub the threads with a wire brush, once kettles done make a brew and pour the rest over the rings to warm them a bit (as above seals!) Get them in a vice and use a punch and a big hammer, they'l go just be patient :)

You know anyone else with V-Maxx who would let you borrow their C-Spanner? Stick it on the other collar and push in opposite directions with the two.

Only complaint I had with the V-Maxx was them only giving you one C-Spanner.

More poke than viagr
Get them off, boil the kettle douse em in duck oil at the same time scrub the threads with a wire brush, once kettles done make a brew and pour the rest over the rings to warm them a bit (as above seals!) Get them in a vice and use a punch and a big hammer, they'l go just be patient :)

Think ill go with that! ;) Solves every problem!

Ill have a looksy in the morning.

More poke than viagr
Right managed to get them working :D

Got some penetrant spray from halfrauds and its seemed to make all the difference! Best fiver ive ever spent id say lol....i suppose the hence extension bar helped a fair bit aswell though lol :eek:

If anyone else has this problem, grab some of this stuff from halfords!

23ba_12.jpg

More poke than viagr
i suppose it basically is, but for a fiver i dont care what it is lol! It did the job whatever it is!