ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sell the Clio for a Megane Turbo

Ph1

Theres a Megane 225 turbo for sale in the orange colour for around 16k with 5k miles on the clock.

I own a mint mk 172 which has clocked up 40k miles and am just wondering whether it would be a good decision to change or just run mine to the ground.

I love my Clio to bits but soon I can see big bills ahead like the clutch going or something else.

Would the Megane be a good car to change to or would i be better changing for a 182 ??

What would you do ??

Cheers

Ph1

I must admit that i like the looks of my little clio best but the thought of having a turbo under the bonnet is a massive insentive !!!

Are they good cars these Megane turbos ?? Will they be easy to tune to 300bhp ??

I never really noticed them before :oops:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 30 August 2004

Buy it.

lovely car.

Chassis is brilliant
? really? im surprised you said that. ive driven a few and they are dull as dishwater.

i didnt think id like them... but i saw an orange one in sheffield a couple of weeks back, and it looked absolutely amazing!

though personally id go for inferno

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 30 August 2004

Buy it.

lovely car.

Chassis is brilliant
? really? im surprised you said that. ive driven a few and they are dull as dishwater.

Interms of a road car, the chassis is better designed, i think it looks better than the clio *oooer* and having a turbo will make life easier. Still, the dash needs some work.

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5

went for a cruise in one the other day as Renault NZ have just released them.

To both me and the other guy that I went driving with (we both have mk2 172s) the Megge felt disconnected - Dont get me wrong it would be a brilliant cruiser for an effortless fast drive, but the clio is a more involving drive and quiker round the corners. Even all the sales guys think so after the launch drive around some nice coastal roads

My honda accord euro has better steering feel. I would not change - and I did consider it! the clio just puts a smile on my face :D The next one I will consider will be the next clio or the v6 if the house gets paid off, they are $87,000 here whereas a 350Z, RX8, 147 GTA is $68,000 thats like 6000 pounds difference!

We get ripped for euro cars <sigh>

So IMOHO not worth the change - but drive it and see for yourself.

320d M Sport

hmm, for that money i wouldnt get it.

FRS, 147 GTA (for a teeny bit more), V6, r32 in a few months prob?

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 31 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 30 August 2004

Buy it.

lovely car.

Chassis is brilliant

Interms of a road car, the chassis is better designed, i think it looks better than the clio *oooer* and having a turbo will make life easier. Still, the dash needs some work.
Oh yeah, "make life easier". Ha. that is not the reason behind getting a car witha turbo.

Ta, Andy

Clio 197

I have spent some time chasing down Megane turbos at the ring and must say that I was surprised at their performance. They handle very well and seem more composed than the Ragnotti in the difficult bits. And of course the extra power makes up for the added weight.

I hate the looks though!

Ed