ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling your 182? Advice ....

FF Arctic Blue 182
Ring all your local Renault dealers and ask them if they want it!

I got a letter through from the dealer I bought my 182 from (Gordon Lambs, Chesterfield). I thought here we go, he's gonna offer me part ex value (around £9000) and make me laugh. I popped down anyway as was bored, he pointed out a car on the forecourt, identical to mine with slightly more miles on, and said he paid £10,000 for it. Unfortunatly he said he had 2 182s in stock so didn't want another until he'd sold one. He estimated a week or two, upon which he'd give me between £9700 and £9900. I waited a week and thought why don't I try the other dealers?

First try was Sunwin in Mansfield, they offered £8500!!! Next try was Reg Vardy in Sheffield, he offered £9500 and also said "but we would have to do the deal today" (Heard that so many times lol). Finally I called Reg Vardy of Rotherham, and they offered £9800! Offer accepted as I also got my tax back which I've only had a month, so in total I got what I wanted, £30 under £10,000.

Give your local dealers a try, you might be surprised!

Good work! I rang 3 local dealers, all said they would need to look over, drive etc...

thought sod that, waste 30mins for a stupid trade in cost :D

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
glasgow182 said:
amazing ... might try my locals and see what they say.

0141 632 4545 and guid luck. They had a 51 plate pink bus with 51k for £8k! so see what you can do.

Whats the reason for selling up? for a type R?

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
R20 CWH said:
0141 632 4545 and guid luck. They had a 51 plate pink bus with 51k for £8k! so see what you can do.

Whats the reason for selling up? for a type R?

ta. emm i duno yet. might get a cup and spend some money on it :evil:

Nissan 350Z
Hmmm, might try this myself, although I'm not too hopeful with it being 54 reg with 12k miles.... but I wouldnt mind cutting my costs if poss.

Nissan 350Z
Well yours is 05 reg (so 6 months newer) and has half the miles. I cant see my dealer offering anything like £9800 for mine.

Apparently though, a good private sale could potentially net £9800... but I think I'd be lucky to get that even going private.

I might try the dealer anyway, I think I could probably just about afford to take £9500 for it, but any less and its just not feasible.

FF Arctic Blue 182
Remember to try more than one dealer, like I said one only offered £8500!! Even the same company, just a different branch offered £300 less.

Meg 225 with cup packs.
Good job mate. I'm in the process of selling mine at the moment, gonna deffo give my local dealers a ring now. You're not getting a Meg 225 as well are you?:D

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
ste_brough said:
The guy who bought mine said he gave £8500 for an 04 plate with 10k miles, so age seems to matter.

I did well then to get 9000 for my 04 plate 15200 miles ff 182

Paul

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
R20 CWH said:
want an 03 plater cup wi 51k on clock, before the finance coy get there hands on it!?!

is it silver ? and how much would you be looking for ?

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
perhaps ... unfortunately i wont know what im doing for a couple of months yet so will probably be too late

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
ah balls, its due to be picked up by finance geezers on 24th may

how come no ad for sale in the for sale bit for ya?........

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
cause im waiting for new tyres and a chance to give it a full wash inside and out before its being advertised.