ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sensible Car. e92 330d.

Ge the flaps whipped out. Takes about an hour and costs about £40 for the parts. i6Automotive do a kit. Being the 330d, its probably the 33mm ones you need.

Just leave the actuator plugged in so the bar still does it's job and you don't get any codes.

Get rid of the EGR and thermostat (if it as one). Useless sacks of s**t they are. Have it mapped out when you get it mapped, which you will want to do!!! 300bhp and about 500lb/ft
Are the flaps easy? My 320d has the M47 and still has them in. :anguished:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Are the flaps easy? My 320d has the M47 and still has them in. :anguished:

Didnt take me long and I'm a complete f**king r****d

31064710890_a2a1e7aa96_c.jpg

30612713604_2cf2d2b05e_c.jpg

31064714970_c7d082e58b_c.jpg

Worst part was getting the rear engine cover lined back up. f**king allen bolt b*****d

Just changed both thermostats on mine last weekend, absolutely love them.

9bc8fdf3432b63c340a97b5a8b144455.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Yeah i saw that, although its a M57 version, not N57 which id need - unless they are the same?
Although i've already spoken to Jason at BWChiptune, IF i were to do anything to add more power, id get it done properly. £400 isnt so bad for a properly developed 300bhp/500lb ft and they're only 15 miles away. My EGR apparently needs to stay in place as its part of the cooling (has pipes coming out of it)/fault checking systems, so whilst he can map it out so the DPF still regens, part of me thinks it would be better to either clean out the old one or buy new - id imagine its there for a reason?
Also did some more minor service works over the weekend, mainly as i dont trust other people to have actually done it ... and bearing in mind this had a full service at BMW inc. all filters 1k miles ago ... lolz 😂
Air filter, old (left) vs. new (right) - airbox was also full of leaves & grit:
37165322584_3b05bac1f6_z.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
24022554098_521d9841e0_z.jpg
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
Micro filter (pollen) - air in the car was very stuffy, actually making Sarah feel a bit ill:
24022554238_7a676b47ed_z.jpg
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
Pretty much decided that im going to go for the Alpine speaker/amp retrofit, along with some L7 underseat subs, but that needs to wait until after ive got the ZF autobox oil changed next week - mainly as its £360 and i cant afford to do everything at once!

Is yours mapped or standard? Assume as an '08 its an M57?
There's a receipt for a map - egr & dpf delete.

The dpf has been deleted as ive been under the car and theres some dodgy looking welding on the dpf housing haha. The egr is definitely still there, which is very strange. So i dont know what power is it, need to get it on the dyno really.

M57 i think yes, saying that i dont know the xut off or differences..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
The EGR chucks exhaust gas through the inlet at low revs to bring the emissions down, but also clogs up with carbon etc. The cooler is only there to cool down the gas. So if you EGR, you might as well delete the cooling side of it too. Less s**t to go wrong then.

320d M Sport
What’s this Y cable? To charge and connect to Aux at same time? I could do with one of those. Didn’t know they made them..?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
What’s this Y cable? To charge and connect to Aux at same time? I could do with one of those. Didn’t know they made them..?
Pretty much yeah, mine goes in the armrest and connects to USB/Aux at the same time.
Allows the iPhone/iPod to charge + i can control everything music wise on the iDrive screen :up:

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Do these have much room in the rear?
I've always loved the look of the coupe and considered buying a 330d a few times this year. Thinking i'll probably replace my Z4 with one, when i need to start dropping the kids off at school.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
My idrive is 2007, so just has a mini jack for line in..? [emoji848]
Hmm, might not have the armrest USB option then. Knowing BMW, was probably extra!
Dave, you've got a talent for making any work horse / sensible chariot appealing!
Ha ha, cheers! It is a very good car to be fair, although i do wish it was a DCT M3 a hell of a lot!!
500 miles to tank stops that train of thought though 😂
Do these have much room in the rear?
I've always loved the look of the coupe and considered buying a 330d a few times this year. Thinking i'll probably replace my Z4 with one, when i need to start dropping the kids off at school.
As i dont have kids, i guess this a little difficult to answer, but if they at school, i assume they can get in the back themselves, so once in, the space is perfectly fine. I'm 5'7" and can sit in the back perfectly comfortably, with a nice arm rest (to separate arguing children) in the middle. For smaller children/babies, there are isofix points, but as the front seats slide forwards electrically (slowly), getting a seat in & onto the isofix base would be a bit of a pain id imagine. Our friends mostly have kids though, so i'm sure ill have to carry one at some point so will update the thread :up:

Had the autobox serviced on Wednesday for £360 inc. VAT using all the official ZF parts. Has made absolutely bugger all difference to shift quality and/or change speed, so to be honest, i wish i'd just bought the Alpine speaker upgrade instead 😂 Will no doubt help prolong the life of the gearbox for whoever owns it in 18 months time ... which probably wont be me lol.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Should got a TCU tune Dave, my ZF box was much better after I had it done
Not sure they can do it on the derv boxes, although i will keep researching.

This weekend i intend to swop the wiring on on the left paddle so that i can pull it to change down (like the DCT box):
(FACTORY DEFAULT)
LEFT PADDLE - Thumb press - downshifts. / Fingers squeeze - upshifts.
RIGHT PADDLE - Thumb press - downshifts. / Fingers squeeze - upshifts.
(MOD 3) Simpler mod, since you only need to modify the left paddle wiring.
LEFT PADDLE - Thumb press - upshifts. / Fingers squeeze - downshifts.

Described fully here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121524

Also purchased a rear lip spoiler, for the sake of £50 from a chap recommended on e90post, i think itll make a nice difference :up:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAINTED-...RUNK-REAR-SPOILER-300-WHITE-335i/371859375724
IMG_0968.jpg

Still really wanting the Alpine upgrade & L7 subs, so will hopefully sort something out for Christmas, Combox is also very much on my radar!

MPG wise, with the longer journeys that i did last month (1500 miles), i was averaging 41 mpg, in the last week, just commuting in traffic & 20/30 mpg limits, its on 28 😂 Probably not that much more than a 330i/335i in all honesty, which does make me question why i bought the diesel? But then, the 330i doesn't feel very quick at lower speeds and isn't very tuneable, on the flipside, the 335i can be made mega fast for peanuts, but can be a bit of a moneypit!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I love my 325d, it did look like this but Im back on standard wheels now.

10156147_10203437551357430_7302891390048041717_n.jpg

You can't beat the 3.0l 6 cylinder, mines 256hp and 383lbft. Biggest issue I've had was clutch E on the auto box and its a £1500 job, that stung after being made redundant.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Not sure they can do it on the derv boxes, although i will keep researching.

This weekend i intend to swop the wiring on on the left paddle so that i can pull it to change down (like the DCT box):
(FACTORY DEFAULT)
LEFT PADDLE - Thumb press - downshifts. / Fingers squeeze - upshifts.
(MOD 3) Simpler mod, since you only need to modify the left paddle wiring.
LEFT PADDLE - Thumb press - upshifts. / Fingers squeeze - downshifts.

Described fully here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121524

Also purchased a rear lip spoiler, for the sake of £50 from a chap recommended on e90post, i think itll make a nice difference :up:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAINTED-...RUNK-REAR-SPOILER-300-WHITE-335i/371859375724
View attachment 1345299

Still really wanting the Alpine upgrade & L7 subs, so will hopefully sort something out for Christmas, Combox is also very much on my radar!

MPG wise, with the longer journeys that i did last month (1500 miles), i was averaging 41 mpg, in the last week, just commuting in traffic & 20/30 mpg limits, its on 28 😂 Probably not that much more than a 330i/335i in all honesty, which does make me question why i bought the diesel? But then, the 330i doesn't feel very quick at lower speeds and isn't very tuneable, on the flipside, the 335i can be made mega fast for peanuts, but can be a bit of a moneypit!

Lip spoiler really improves the rear end looks wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Couple of little updates on this now.
Wires switched in the steering wheel so that the paddles work correctly now - way way better!!
38617912135_c0d7f9113b_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
Lip spoiler fitted, although the pictures are fairly bad so it doesn't really show it 😂
Would take another one now, but car is filthy again ...
39483440482_959619b4da_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
38617912515_db2a2e88bb_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
Also bought the Alpine retrofit kit in the Ebay December sale, 20% off meant it was only £240, whoop whoop:
39514113011_d154aa7bab_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
Picked up the necessary a-pillar trims for £10 each as well, happy days!
Done 800 miles over the past couple of weeks driving back & forth to Cornwall and Basingstoke, averaging 42mpg.
Even did the Cornwall run on one tank of fuel instead of the usual 2 :tongueclosed:
Still happy with it! Can genuinely see myself in an F30 335d next ...

It's funny going back from a diesel, I had a petrol again for a short while and it wasnt the cost that wrankled as much as having to stop every 270 miles for fuel!

42MPG is about where mine sits on a run and mixed use I see 38, but I'm rarely in stop start traffic

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
It's funny going back from a diesel, I had a petrol again for a short while and it wasnt the cost that wrankled as much as having to stop every 270 miles for fuel!
The e92's seem to have a massive fuel tank as well (certainly compared to my M135i & RS3), so i'm sure that helps to give the better range as well. Mines averaged mid 30's around town (40's on longer runs), whereas the RS3 was doing high teens/twenties in the same usage giving about 230-260 miles per tank ... i do miss the 5 pots noise though!!
Billy bargin. Got them fitted yet?
Not yet, they only turned up last week & all my spare time is spent doing wedding stuff atm, will probably the back end of Feb now id imagine.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I want one of these, I'd buy yours when you're bored but I can't bing myself to own a white car :-(

Is there any reason not to consider a 5 series version? Other than being massive..

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I want one of these, I'd buy yours when you're bored but I can't bing myself to own a white car :-(
Is there any reason not to consider a 5 series version? Other than being massive..
Buy it anyway, it looks awesome in white!!
5 series are great cars (F10 onwards anyways), but they are simply huuuuuuge.
And i feel like a 45 year old with 2 kids when driving one. The 6GC however ...

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
The paddle switch thing, is that to stop both paddles doing the same thing?
Really annoys me when driving my old man's that one isnt change up, and the other change down

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Still love the shape of these, but still think they look under tyred if that makes sense. They always seem to have wheels too big and tyres like rubber bands.

I do like them though, surprised how little you can pick them up for.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Fitted some wood a couple of days ago, absolutely hate the silver stuff (& its in rather poor condition) ...
On the flipside, Sarah thinks ive "ruined the car" 😂

Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

Much wood. So oldman. Very impress.

Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

Need to "create" a holder somehow for my CIC controller however (its CCC trim), hence the silver bit still in the car.

Cheers for the pic and link. Looks spot on!

As for the wood, I approve. I've got the nasty silver stuff in mine and would love to change it. Hard to swap? I know the doors are simple.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I don't get where people come from with the wood hate. My M-lite had the brushed silver stuff and it's s**t. Admittedly I fear wood might be trying a bit hard in a 1 series so I got the full carbon fibre set instead...

If I had a 3 series or up it would 100% have wood.