ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service Query - Valver & Williams

Just booked my valver in for an oil filter change this saturday at my local Renault dealer. (£30 inc parts) im supplying the oil - not bad i thought. Im having some other stuff done aswell under warrenty (clutch ped they replaced is playing up! :mad: )

Anyway i forgot all about my williams engine conversion - Please could someone confirm if the filters on the 16v/williams are different? If so ill have to ring back and tell them

Same filter internally.

On the outside, the williams one is slightly shorter and has a nut on the back, so its easier to fit/take off.

Thats why I use 2.0 oil filters on my valver.

my williams 3 takes nearly 6ltrs of oil on a change. early ones take less. My early 16v took about 4ltrs! make sure there is enogh or you might end up driving it low, Renaul should be able to supply the oil cheap then what you can buy it, plus if its fancy oil the fitter will keep it for himself and use the company drum of 15/40 semi synth!! Mark my words!

Clio 172 cup

£30 for changing your oil?

what a f**king rip off!

Why dont you just keep all your receipts and do it yourself?

Raiderman - i tried once before to change the oil filter myself - it was nightmare, had to get on ramps etc, couldnt grip the filter to remove it etc etc..

Id sooner pay £30 not have hassel you know - what with the bad weathernall too.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

they both use the same filter.i think the part number for the renault filter is 8200033408(about £4)

Clio 172 cup

Quote: Originally posted by rockport on 14 January 2004

Raiderman - i tried once before to change the oil filter myself - it was nightmare, had to get on ramps etc, couldnt grip the filter to remove it etc etc..

Id sooner pay £30 not have hassel you know - what with the bad weathernall too.
rockport, always use a williams filter that has a nut on the end so you can just get it off with a spanner

i agree it is a b*****d to get too though but with a nut on its a piece of piss

Quote: Originally posted by The_Raiderman on 14 January 2004

£30 for changing your oil?

what a f**king rip off!

Why dont you just keep all your receipts and do it yourself?
You think thats a rip, try paying £100 for a service when all they do is an oil change.. and thats not including parts! RIP OFF.COM

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

National Tyres 15 quid for Duckhams QXR semi synthetic, filled to max and filter. Voucher in paper. Why supply oil and pay 30 quid for someone to do it !!!!!