ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sh*tty engine mounts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

hi , had a majour prob with the mounts on the car, i have changed the dog bone mount, the old 1 was in bits, but the engine is still swingin about in there, knocks n bangs all the time, tried the gear box mount, had a go of crankin it up, but the sleve is all the way down n cant get it any tighter, wot can i do to get the thing not movin! oh and that gear box mount it pooh!!!

There are 3 mounts.

The one on the left of the engine bay probably needs adjusting. Bring it as far forward as it can go. This is what causes most of the knocking.

simply undo the bolts slightly on the left hand mount, slide it forward towards the front of the car and do the bolts up again.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

lol, m8 it winds me up, gona get rid, thats why im fixing evrything, think ive possable changed every bolt n part twice lol