ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shaking like a French soldier!

F/F Titanium 182
Hi guys,

My 182 is now 7 months old (no mechanical probs...touch wood, goes like stink) and has started to rattle in lots of different places in the dash and on the passenger door :(
Now this dosen't happen all the time but when it does i feel like driving it into a ditch and chucking the keys in the nearest hedge (torching it is optional, depending on whether its a monday or a friday).
Is it worth trying to fix this myself or should i stick it in the nearest dealership and make it their problem?

Cheers
Davey

Cam

182 Cup
As many people will say "Welcome to Renault ownership" Think everyones in the same boat mate.

RS Megane DCi 175
Alot of the rattles can be fixed if you can find out exactly which bit is rattling. But as above really - welcome to Renault ownership.
Just be thankful your 182 doesn't have a sunroof tho!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
MattT said:
Alot of the rattles can be fixed if you can find out exactly which bit is rattling. But as above really - welcome to Renault ownership.
Just be thankful your 182 doesn't have a sunroof tho!

oh my good lord dont even get me started on mine

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
HAHA...yeah the dashboard and the passenger door is just the start!

It's part of your cars character.....

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Extra's you didnt pay for to remind you that your driving somthing that is french!

have you found yourself getting some unusual cravings for brie yet?????

we all get that but not many have the balls to talk about it!

Since driving a french car I like cheese!

Mine hardly ever makes any rattles at all. Then again I don't really listen for them as I realise I'm not driving an Audi so I dont even think about it :)

20 months and 27k miles :)

182FF c/w Recaros
Roy Munson said:
Mine hardly ever makes any rattles at all. Then again I don't really listen for them as I realise I'm not driving an Audi so I dont even think about it :)

20 months and 27k miles :)

Well since you spend 90% of the time at 6500rpm+ it's no wonder you never hear them ffs:rolleyes: :D.

The front of my dash (round the air vents below the front window) and numerous (not yet fully tracked down) places in the passenger footwell area are the main annoying areas for me:mad:

Monaro VXR
domtheone said:
This is the CS forum not Bentley;)

I tell a lie I got a rattly sunroof which I did not have until my mate decided he needed to roll across my roof. I only had the car for 2 weeks after that and it only rattled when I hit a pot hole or something.

But for the near 3 years before that the clio was the most trouble free car i have owned why I miss the thing so much.

Cam

182 Cup
tbh mines not too bad, its only the rear left speaker (poss cover) that rattles. Everything else is fine. 18 months/ 18k miles.

F/F Titanium 182
Is that true about the 5k thing, they must be pulling yer pudding i've done 6,5k!?!?
After i wrote the first post i went out for a spin and not a single squeak or rattle, do you think she heard me?

Clio 172 mk2
Mine's pretty bad these days but I've just got used to it...like a ot of people say, just crank the tunes up:D

Street Triple R
Got some monsterous creaking coming from somewhere around the passenger seatbelt area.....just cant reach over when im driving to see what it is! lol

Ad

MK2 FRS
Davey_182 said:
Is that true about the 5k thing, they must be pulling yer pudding i've done 6,5k!?!?
After i wrote the first post i went out for a spin and not a single squeak or rattle, do you think she heard me?

Seriously I asked about it. My 225 had a chronic rattle, and was 10mths old and they refused to look at it under warranty. Checked with renault and they verefied that. Tbh, i thought it was a poor reflection.

Am i the only person to have a clio without these problems! Or is it only The 182s etc that suffer.
My 1.5 dci 100 two and a half years old 55000 hard miles no rattles nothing dropped off nowt stopped working and has not been back to renault for any warranty issues.
As good a build quality as any car ive owned over 30 years motoring covering most marques.
I feel privilidged looking at these comments.

F/F Titanium 182
:( So what did you do about the 225 then Ad? Cos everytime this happens i start to think about changing car, but then i love the little 182!!

M

mij29

Ive got 1 in the boot, sounds like the catch, 1 in the drivers door, sounds like e window mechenisem and 1 by the front tweeter on the pasenger side. All do my t!ts in.

ClioSport 182
jongsr4 said:
Got some monsterous creaking coming from somewhere around the passenger seatbelt area.....just cant reach over when im driving to see what it is! lol

I've got that one too, and also the passenger side air vent below the windscreen.

For the first two years of ownership of my 182 everything was ok, and then the rattles started to develop. No point trying to fix them really as it's a never ending battle.

KnightAzul

silver cup packed FF 182
ditto bout the passenger vent creak/rattle,also i got annoing creak from the glovebox hinge area as when i open the glovebox whilst driving and push the lid down really hard the creaking stops lol........but rattles/creaks are impossible to cure