ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shaking Steering Wheel

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
My stearing wheel shakes like mad. It seems to stop when going down the motorway, but when drving around town or under 50mph, it shakes from left to right.
I have had the car trakced and balanced but it has not helped at all.

Anyone have any idea's

Cheers

Phase 1 172, boxster
not takin the piss but are all the wheel bolts done up properly? check the basics first lol

Try swapping the back wheels with the fronts that will tell you if its a buckeld wheel

if we are doing basics then trye pressures too lol.

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
Yeah i have checked all the bolts are tight.
I will try swapping the fronts with the back tomorrow, and see what happens, cheer guys

Lots of Alfas
Could also be an unbalanced wheel or one of the weights used to balance them has come off.

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
I do know one of them needs replacing, so that could be it. I guess i will know more when i swap the wheels over

well confused lol, would have thought when they spin it for inbalance it would picked up a fucked tyre? If I'm wrong then excuse me

LY 182
well confused lol, would have thought when they spin it for inbalance it would picked up a f**ked tyre? If I'm wrong then excuse me
nope,, an out of shape tyre wont affect where the weight is on the wheel (the balance)

they should visually see it yeah, but as i said...