ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shall i?, shant i?

172 cup
ive been offered a 2005 rb 182 cup with recaros 80,l000 fsh very clean etc... for my 2005 46,000 fsh titanuim ff 182 very clean also, but i have a cambelt change coming up :/,

so what can you see as the pro's and con's?

cheers jack

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I would be asking myself why the person/garage is entertaining a swap?

Have the belts been done on the RB recently?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Unless there's something else to it, is it simply you like the colour of their car and they like the low milage of your car.

Who's got the RB, do you know of the car (by this I mean is it a friend or is it a local car you see often).

172 cup
This is a car from a garage and yes its simply the colour I've always wanted, he's sending my the service history tonight im hoping it's had the belts done but mine need them doing soon anyway so it's not a major problem

Mini Cooper S sport
I wouldn't swap an FF for a Cup, no matter what colour it is. Yours has also done almost half the miles!

172 cup
There has been some really good deals on trophys lately get one!, ye I've wanted this color for ages so I'm going to go for it asking it all adds up :)

172 cup
The only thing missing from the cup is the zenons,

why do you think in mad?

i like your thinking knuckles

why wouldn't you think about it?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
It has double the mileage and is a cup so a lower spec and in turn harder to sell on. no one wants 182 cups.

Defo keep yours.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The only thing missing from the cup is the zenons,

why do you think in mad?

i like your thinking knuckles

why wouldn't you think about it?

retrofit xenons?

lol i've never gelled with silver cars. if you have a sporty car, the worst thing you can do is spec a bland colour (black/silver) imo

tbh. this comes down to climate and cruise control.

ime the standard blower unit in the clios is adequate and how often do you use cruise?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
prorata they are worth about the same- ( as long as the recaros are good)

so if thats the colour you want then swop!-

just ensure you complete all the usual checks

( Price wise silver one £3250- RB cup on 80k- 2400 ish + recaros-)
then minus the belts away-

S

172 cup
the rb does have ac and cruise? extras? the xneons dont bother me too much, its only as a second car for going to the gym and back and to the gf's on the weekends other than that its just a toy, he rb is the colour i want and it might sound silly but i dont want to modify mine as its too good of an example to ruin lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
are you sure its a cup then? im sure cup 182s didnt have climate control/ air con or cruise control. the latter im almost certain about as they come with the non sport steering wheel.

if you want RB, get the RB :)

172 cup
thats what i thought but it doesnt have xenons and has cloth interior (well it did originally befroe the recaro's)

Mini Cooper S sport

ime the standard blower unit in the clios is adequate and how often do you use cruise?

The Cup also has cloth seats!

are you sure its a cup then? im sure cup 182s didnt have climate control/ air con or cruise control. the latter im almost certain about as they come with the non sport steering wheel.

if you want RB, get the RB :)

Yes, they have manual aircon, instead of proper climate control.

Get a FF racing blue if that's the colour you really want, don't swap yours for a worse-spec cup with double the mileage which is worth less, that's why you're mad!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The Cup also has cloth seats!

Yes, they have manual aircon, instead of proper climate control.

Get a FF racing blue if that's the colour you really want, don't swap yours for a worse-spec cup with double the mileage which is worth less, that's why you're mad!

its got recaros in the front.

how often does anyone use aircon though? i use mine once every couple of weeks just to use it lol.

yeah, if a FF comes up in RB id recommend buying that, just because FF.. but then if you want recaros youll have to fork out and extra grand

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
retrofit xenons?

lol i've never gelled with silver cars. if you have a sporty car, the worst thing you can do is spec a bland colour (black/silver) imo

cough cough, nothing wrong with black (black/gold ;)) some don't want to shout about it unlike these glittery yellow/golds :p

Mini Cooper S sport
yeah, if a FF comes up in RB id recommend buying that, just because FF.. but then if you want recaros youll have to fork out and extra grand

Oh yeah, forgot about the Recaros, they're not the be all and end all though, the standard seats are fine.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
cough cough, nothing wrong with black (black/gold ;)) some don't want to shout about it unlike these glittery yellow/golds :p

no offence meant :eek: twas just my opinion lol

bg is epic on the odd occasion its clean though :D

buying a yellow car wasnt enough for me... i had to have it covered in go faster stickers too

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Stick too your car IMO. You know where you are with it rather than swapping for something that could be a dog.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The LY R27 is the best-looking Clio after the Mk2 V6. Fact.

7nTnr.png

Listerine & Poledo
LY R27 is the only Clio worth bothering with, aside from LY V6

But I wouldn't move away from a FF to a Cup, you might get a placebo effect of "awww, its proepr much faster in da twistiez", but that wont last long.

Cloth seats? Pft.

172 cup
I'm not getting it for the performance, I'm getting because it's the colour I've wanted since I was 16, and if you read properly it has recaros

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
LY R27 is the only Clio worth bothering with, aside from LY V6

But I wouldn't move away from a FF to a Cup, you might get a placebo effect of "awww, its proepr much faster in da twistiez", but that wont last long.

Cloth seats? Pft.

A ly vee is just p**n.

I think he wants it for the colour and recaros rather than its lighter and therefore better in dee twistiez y0! Than the ff