ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shall i swap my car?

monaco 172
basically been offerd a VTS for my 1.4 16v ph1. same mileage as mine.. same condition etc. what would u do if u were in my situation.. been tryin to sell my car for a while anyway.. your thoughts?

Mondeo ST220
Personally... I would. VTS' are great fun. If it is the same condition and mileage like you say it seems a good swap to me. Especially if your wanting to sell anyway.

Did you have your heart set on anything else though once you'd sold your car?

MCS R56
Do it! The VTS is great fun and the performance will be a nice step up!

Just make sure you are completely happy with it first.

monaco 172
my plans were to sell my car, try n save for a bit and possibly get a ph1 172. so if i get the VTS, i'll keep it for a while if i like it then sell if im not happy and try somethin else. fancied a turbo but strugglin to sell my car means i cant.. was looking at gettin a mk4 glf, audi A3, something along those lines.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
my plans were to sell my car, try n save for a bit and possibly get a ph1 172. so if i get the VTS, i'll keep it for a while if i like it then sell if im not happy and try somethin else. fancied a turbo but strugglin to sell my car means i cant.. was looking at gettin a mk4 glf, audi A3, something along those lines.

VTS is not a million miles away form a 172 pace wise, especially down a good B road, you'll love it

Providing the VTS isn't knackered or shows signs of abuse I would. Just be wary though unless you know the person? Also make sure you can deal with the close pedals.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yeah i'd do it too, providing there's no problems with the vts! seems a little strange that they would want to downgrade.

monaco 172
its a mate who wants too swap.. said he hardly uses the vts as he's at wrk allday in his van.. also its was my best mates before him an he said to do it lol.

monaco 172
i drove it earlier.. i kno wat u mean bout the pedals, my mums 106 was the same.. i'm sure my size 8s will manage.

i drove it earlier.. i kno wat u mean bout the pedals, my mums 106 was the same.. i'm sure my size 8s will manage.

I've driven a VTR and a VTS and had real problems with the pedals (size 10s lol). Alot of people have problems but they also say given time you do get use to it.

DMS

A thirsty 172
It's a no brainer. VTS is the superior car here. So much more fun, faster, corners better and the steering weight and feel are perfect.
Probably not much thirstier either if driven sensibly.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ive got a GTi and trust me, in terms of real driving there in the same league as a 172 no problem whatsoever.

Anyone who differs has never driven one

clio rs
from my experience only downside to the VTS is the engine was abit quite as standard, so cant be heard coming unless u got upgrades, where as im loving the engine note from the clio RS.

Danny is correct on that, they are on the same league as 172

VTS feels like u cant take any car at the lights

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Ive got a GTi and trust me, in terms of real driving there in the same league as a 172 no problem whatsoever.

Anyone who differs has never driven one

I do differ ish. Have a GTI ;)

THe 172 has the edge, more grunt etc, down a good B road there wont be much in it, but the clio would have the advantage... :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I do differ ish. Have a GTI ;)

THe 172 has the edge, more grunt etc, down a good B road there wont be much in it, but the clio would have the advantage... :)

Id actually go as far to say that it would be purley down to driver ability.

Yes the 172 has more power, not much but yes, more power.

It also has 124kg's more aswell ;)