ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

She’s broken!!!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Think my clio 172 with 3158 miles on is dead!!

I had to be picked up today by the AA, there all know me now, cos the engine gave up! i was on my way to the NW meet and i lost all power and white smoke started billowing from the rear! Not nice!!

there was oil all in the air intake and the air filter was satchurated in oil!!Im not a mechanic but that to me says a seal of somesort has gone!

I think when it comes back it may be black with an H on the front and Type R written on the rear!!

VaVa

Dude I feel for you. Not quite as bad, but my car has been scraped by some t0sser whilst it was parked. Gutted. At least yours will be covered by warranty though.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Yeah, but ive lost confidence in it now! When i got it the alarm an immob. were faulty an the window seal damaged an now this!!

Saw your pic too lagerlout1 - typical of people today m8.

I take it you bought the car from new SilverRSC

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

yeah an its only done 3k miles an bin in for repair for a total of 10days before today!!

sorry to hear bout the damage to yours lagerlout1.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 01 February 2004

Saw your pic too lagerlout1 - typical of people today m8.

I take it you bought the car from new SilverRSC
If somebody had owned up, fair enough. Sh*t happens. Were only human and everyone makes mistakes. Its just that we seem to have a distinct lack of decent human beings in todays society. If the culprit had owned up I would have tried to sort it out with him/her without involving insurance etc. But it looks like its coming out of my pocket now....

SilverRSC - To be honest, I wouldnt blame you if you got rid. I had a 306 whch had all sorts of problems. I nded up writing it off, but to be honest I was probably better off shot of it, before it cost me anymore money.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 01 February 2004

SilverRSC - To be honest, I wouldnt blame you if you got rid. I had a 306 whch had all sorts of problems. I nded up writing it off, but to be honest I was probably better off shot of it, before it cost me anymore money.

Yeah i really dont know what to do! when the cars runnin its great an i love it but it doesnt seem to spend enuff time runnin rite! Bin 1 prob after anuva so far! trouble is if i trade in now ill lose a fortune!

trade it for a 182 and smile to the salesman telling him the car was nothing but ..... but still will choose for Renault if they make a nice price....

good luck...

E36 323i coupe

Really sorry to hear that Steve. Jon (jonnyboy) told me about it when he eventually made it to the Trafford Centre.

Id get rid. But play merry hell - Id say that you dont want that car as it is clearly faulty... and dont settle for anything less than at least a new car, or a very good price.

All the best, and let me know what happens

Jon

Sorry to hear about your car mate, looks like i got the good one of the week ;):p

Let us know what happens anyway, and hopefully see you at a meet in the near future.

Kev