ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shock Absorbers - Replace if not leaking?

RB 182 Cup
I've got a 182 Cup with 57,000 miles on it.

I've recently suffered a snapped spring so I'm replacing all four springs as a set of Cooksports are only £130 and one front Renault was £90.

My shocks have no leaks and appear to damp perfectly still.

However, whilst it's all stripped to fit the springs, I thought I could replace all the shocks as all 4 are just over £150 from Wests.

Am I wasting my time, or will I notice an improvement?

Thanks in advance

John

RB 182 Cup
I'm thinking that as they've got to come off to replace the front springs at least, replacing them now will save me labour in the future if I refit my old ones and they then go and leak in a few months / next year.

M2 Comp
They seem prone to failure on these cars, so I'd say even if they aren't leaking, you'd feel some improvement from replacing them.

And like you say, you will save on labour costs doing them together with the springs.

RB 182 Cup
Magic thanks, 4 new shocks and top mounts ordered to go with my new Cooksport springs.

Is it worth renewing all my bushes whist I'm doing this? In for a penny 'n' all