ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shock/Brake advise please

clio
Hi all

In readiness for my MOT i've been informed i need...
2 new tie rods (done)
1 rear wheel bearing (done)
front discs, brakes and as 1 shocker is leaking, 2 of them
3 new tyres, might as well make it 4.

I'm not really a car maintenance person but have an engineering background and access to tools.

....I want to save myself a bomb and do the shocks,discs,pads thing myself. Any watchouts, guides or general advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Front shocks yea? if so you will need some spring compressors. Other than that it's pretty straight forward. You will need to wind the piston back into the caliper as well.

Suzuki Ignis
Pay your beans, see the guides ;)

All fairly easy stuff to do, just a couple of bolts and those bits almost fall out. A mallet might be handy to get the old discs off as they might have semi bonded to the hub.

The shocks, if you using the old spring, you'll need a spring compresses thing to hold them down while you take the top mount off, change the shock and put the top mount back on.
Unless you have access to some cable ties and a freezer? ;)

clio
Cheers guys, do'able then
One last thing, can you direct me to the guides, i've had a trawl but can't find them

Ta