ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shock Horror!!! - Cup owner admission...

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I did a little bit of motorway driving in the heat a few days ago and was soooo glad I had AC :D

LY V6 with Recaros
Having the windows down in this heat makes no difference whatsoever, I couldn't care less about fuel economy, I'd rather be cool! I didn't buy the full fat version for the fun of it!

Black/Gold 182
sorry, didn't notice he said slow speed. I know on motorways in particular having the windows open kills the MPG (I dunno about Renault's 4%, I bet it's more).

Having the windows open is only going to keep you as cool as the outside air. Not much good when it's 30C+ like today (compare that to the aircon chucking out 15C minimum - hmmmm - chilly:cool: ).

It's true about the fridge too, a fridge will only cool down a room if the exchanger coils on the back are outside the room (so you have to knock a hole in your wall for the frigde).

One of the little things you learn as a Chemical Engineer like me...

BMW M135i
Who cares about fuel economy, the AC button is the first one I press after starting the car in this heat. Pitty its only half working at the moment and it won't be sorted until 1st August when its probably gone cold again but oh well.

Worst thing about having ac in the car is when you have to get out and its like stepping into an oven.

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
I have an Audi A4 1.8T with climate control sitting on my drive but I have still chosen to drive my CUP the last few days.

F**CK AIR CON ITS FOR PU**IES

Windows down & sound pumping:cool:

San

RenaultSport clio 172 cup
If you're gonna f*** fuel economy, do what i do, air con on full blast, windows down!! Quality.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
well my cars away for another week and a bit anyway. so im ok without air con. walking along half naked for me!

TDI tyre shreader
dont worry it'll cool down just before winter when you crash cos you havnt got esp abs etc

Vee dub
The valver's like a sauna when I get in it after work.. would love aircon... but I'm not going to cry about it.... I soon forget when my sunroof and windows are down and I hear the valver engine :cool:

BMW E46 330i Touring
San said:
If you're gonna f*** fuel economy, do what i do, air con on full blast, windows down!! Quality.

Uh, you do realise this kinda negates the point of air con, don't you?

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
i have A/C on my cup but find that i dont use it as much as i thought i would! i like the roller coaster feel of the windows open at speed! plus it uses s**t loads of more fuel!

Black/Gold 182
jooliona said:
bath uni MEnger... did u come to our Frank Morton games in 2000 ?

Actually I never went to any Frank Morton, even when Guildford (surrey) hosted it back in '92 or '93 I couldn't be ars*d to go!

Anyway 2000 was my last year so I was probably out by then!

Pikey Truck
Ye i do wish i had aircon...

But lets be fair... the amount of fun ive had in my car out weighs it!!

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
Aircon on full and windows down,

I have a work paid petrol card!

21.3mpg this last half a tank of petrol, but do i care?

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Are your wheels really red or is just a photoshop job? I hope its the later.....kinda ruins the look?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Not red...Peugeot's finest seville orange ;)

It's a trackday thing...15 inchers for more serious rubber...normal turinis for road/day to day use.

100_3464.jpg

Why bright orange? I go to the track photgrapher..."it's the one with the orange wheels mate", so much easier than checking reg. nos. on the pictures of every blue Clio there.

Last edited:

San

RenaultSport clio 172 cup
Ads_172 said:
Uh, you do realise this kinda negates the point of air con, don't you?

Really? All I know is it blasts cool air in my face when i'm stuck in traffic, sharing my music with the rest of the world :D

insignia
I could not live without aircon, it rules in this hot weather. I had to borrow my mums 106 the otherday.I was stuck on a motorway at crawling speeds for 2 hours.By the time I got home I must of lost 2 stone in sweat-horrible.it was so uncomfortable and what made it worse was looking at the other cars that had it (you could clearly tell) as they werent melting to death,windows up. I even had to open my door because the window wasnt enough.

you should use your aircon every day even if its for a few mins and even if its not to blast cold out,

it keeps the seals in the compressor lubed, no wonder so many people i know get regasses on a two year old car WTF!!!! lol shouldnt need regassing ever in theory

aircon does more than just blast out cold air, use it clear the windscreen on a cold morning in literally seconds

theres no way windows down is a substitute for ac lol i'd rather have my air con running in this weather its lovely :)